In spite of being released in 2014, Samsung Galaxy Note Edge can still manage even the latest apps, features, and processes. The Note Edge just stopped at Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update, which is a pity for those who are using it. However, the Note Edge users can now experience the smoother and more powerful Android 7.1.1 version on your handset with Resurrection Remix-N 5.8.0 ROM. This new ROM will add the latest features of Android 7.1.1 Nougat on your Note Edge. So if you want to upgrade further you smartphone, in this post, we shall show you step-by-step guide to flash the Resurrection Remix-N 5.8.0 ROM on your Galaxy Note Edge.
However, before flashing the custom Rom, you should meet some pre-requirements. First, you need to ensure the latest Custom Recovery image is already installed on your device. Next, you should enable the USB Debugging option in your device before the update. Keep at least 50% battery backup to avoid unexpected shutdown during installing the ROM. Another important thing is creating a full back of your handset so that you do not permanently lose any important data. Finally, remember that this update is only for the Galaxy Note Edge smartphone. If you use this Custom ROM file in any other device, it might get bricked.
Steps to Flash Resurrection Remix-N 5.8.0 ROM on Galaxy Note Edge
- First of all, download the Android 7.1.1 Resurrection Remix-N 5.8.0 ROM and Gapps file for your Galaxy Note Edge.
- Then plug your Note Edge to the PC using a USB cable and transfer the Custom 7.1.1 Nougat ROM and the Gapps files to the SD card of your device. After that, power off your Smartphone, and boot it into recovery mode by hold-pressing its Home, Volume up and Power button for a few seconds. After that, press the Volume Down button, and your device now is in custom recovery mode.
- In Custom Recovery menu, select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache
- Then choose “Install .zip from SD Card” option and select the ROM and Gapps files that you moved to your SD card
- Now, swipe to Install and wait still the files are flashed on your Galaxy Note Edge one after another.
- Once finished, go back to the recovery menu and select “reboot system now”.
Also read: How to flash Android 7.1.1 Nougat LineageOS 14.1 ROM on Docomo Galaxy S2
Congratulation! You have successfully updated your Galaxy Note Edge to the Android 7.1.1 Nougat with the Resurrection Remix-N 5.8.0 ROM. Updating your Smartphone following the procedure given above is quite simple and hence must not create any issues for you. In case you face any issues, ping us back in the comment section. We shall find out solutions for you.