Galaxy Note 5 is the latest flagship smartphone in the Samsung’s Note series. After a long wait, Samsung is now rolling out a new Nougat firmware update for your Galaxy Note 5. Now you can further upgrade your devices to the Android 7.0 Nougat via N920CXXU3CQC7 firmware version. Isn’t it a great news? The update has been released in Turkey. The update brings many great features of Android Nougat, a number of improvements with existing bug fixes, and the Android security fixes for the month of March for your Note 5.
We know you must love your Samsung Galaxy Note 5, but we think it will be better as you flash the latest firmware on your handset. If you want to upgrade further your Smartphone, we are here with the step-by-step guide for you. Follow the steps given in this post and you can easily update your device with the Android 7.0 Nougat. However, before doing that, you have to meet certain requirements so that your update will be successful and any important data are not lost in your device. So take a quick look on the pre-requirements.
First, check the name and model of your smartphone as this guide is meant only for the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920C Smartphone and implementing the procedure on other devices might brick your device. Remember, TechGipsy will not take any responsibility for any damage or data loss during the installation. So proceed only if you read and understand what you’ll do.
- Make a full backup of all important data and files of your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920C before the update, as it will erase all your important data.
- You also need a computer and original USB cable for the update.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920C drivers since the drivers will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official Samsung’s website and install on your PC.
- The USB debugging option of your handset should be enabled at first. To enable it, go to Menu > Settings > Developer Options.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 50% power left before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- At first download (in Turkey) the Android 7.0 Nougat zip file for your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920C and Odin v3.12.zip, here, then extract both on the desktop of your PC.
- Then Put your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920C into download mode by first switching off the phone and then pressing its ‘Volume Down’ button, ‘Power’ Button and ‘Home’ Button at a same time. Then, press the ‘Volume Up’ Button after you see a warning message appearing on your screen, to put your device into the download mode.
- Then plug your Smartphone to your PC using a USB cable and launch Odin.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of your Galaxy Smartphone to your PC is successful.
- Now click on “AP/PDA” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted Android 7.0 Nougat N920CXXU3CQC7 folder. Make sure you have unchecked the re-partition option first.
- Next, click on the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 10-15 minutes. Wait still your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 reboots.
Also read: How to Update Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge G935FD to Android 7.0 Nougat in Russia
That’s all! You have now updated your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM-G920C to its latest Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware. Now experience the new features in your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Smartphone. In case of any issues, get back to us via the comment section. We shall definitely come out with a solution for you. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.com.