Hello Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM-N9208 users! We have a good news for you. Samsung has rolled a new firmware update with the build name N9208XXU3BQA7 for your handset. Now you can further upgrade your devices to the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow via N9208XXU3BQA7 Firmware version. Isn’t it a great news? The update has been rolled out in India. The Galaxy Note 5 SM-N9208 is the highest flagship smartphone of Samsung in Note series with a number of high-end features and the update brings the Samsung Pay app, a number of improvements with existing bug fixes, and the Android security fixes for the month of January for your Note 5.
We know you must love your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM-N9208, but we think it will be better once you flash the latest firmware on your handset. If you want to upgrade further your Smartphone, then we are here with the step-by-step guide for you. Follow the steps given in this guide and you can easily update your device with the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. However, before that you need to meet certain requirements so that your update will not be a failure and any important data are not lost in your device. So take a quick look on the pre-requirements.
First, check the name and model of your smartphone before starting the update as this guide is meant only for the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM-N9208 Smartphone and implementing the procedure on other devices might brick your device. Remember, TechGipsy will not take any responsibility for any sort of damage or data loss during the installation. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data and files of your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM-N9208 should be backed up before the update, as it will erase all your important data.
- You also need a computer and original USB cable for the update.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM-N9208 drivers since the drivers will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung and install on your PC.
- The USB debugging option of your handset should be enabled at first. To enable USB, go to Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, tap on Developer Options in Settings. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option after the post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 65% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- At first download (in India) the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow N9208XXU3BQA7.zip file for your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM-N9208 and extract it on the desktop of your PC. Now download Odin v3.12.zip, here
- Then Put your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM-N9208 into download mode by first powering off the phone and then pressing its ‘Volume Down’ button, ‘Power’ Button and ‘Home’ Button at a time. Then, press the ‘Volume Up’ Button after a you see a warning message appearing on your screen, to put your device handset into the download mode.
- Then connect your Smartphone to your PC using a USB cable and launch Odin.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of your Galaxy Smartphone to your PC is successful.
- Now click on “AP/PDA” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow N9208XXU3BQA7 folder. Make sure you have unchecked the re-partition option first.
- Next, select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 10-15 minutes. Wait still your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 reboots.
Also read: How to Update Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge G935FD to Android 7.0 Nougat in Russia
That’s all! You have now updated your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 to its latest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Firmware. Now experience the new features in your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Smartphone. In case of any issues, get back to us via the comment section. We shall definitely come out with a solution for you. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.com.