If you have a Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM-N9208, then get set to rejoice. Why? ‘Coz Samsung has started rolling out the newest Android 5.1.1 Lollipop N9208XXU2AOK8 firmware for the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 in Philippines for Open Line and Globe Carriers. If you are a user of the said device and is in search of a step-by-step guide to update your Smartphone to the latest firmware, then I am here with the simple and easy to implement guide for you. The process is quite easy which will both fix the existing bugs in your Galaxy Note and will multiply your experience with newly incorporated features. But to perform the task you need to solely read and understand the guide that I have here today for you. Just follow this article and within a few minutes you will be able to update your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 to the latest official Android 5.1.1 Lollipop N9208XXU2AOK8 Firmware.
This article is especially for those Samsung lovers who are owners of the Galaxy Note 5 and are desperate to further upgrade their Galaxy Note to the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware. I have a couple of options left for you to update your device. First of all you can update it after getting the firmware notification on your Galaxy Note. But it’s only meant for the uses living in the concerned region where the firmware has gone on floor. After getting the OTA notification just you have to click on the firmware to download it & follow the appearing instructions on your screen to update it further. But if you are a user who is not interested to wait till the update hits your device, then you can follow the manual update method mentioned below. Before that make sure that you fill all the criteria essential for the update, else the update might fail.
[button color=”green” size=”medium” link=”http://techgipsy.com/htcs-most-advanced-smartphone-htc-one-m10-perfume-to-launch-soon/” target=”blank” ]HTC’s Most Advanced Smartphone HTC One M10 Perfume to launch Soon[/button]
Double check the Name and model of your Galaxy device before initiating the update since this guide is meant for only the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 & utilizing the procedure in other devices might brick your device hard. Remember, TechGipsy will no way remain responsible for any sort of damage or data loss that your device might undergo during the installation process. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data and files of your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM-N9208 should be provided a good backup before this update since the update will erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 drivers since the drivers will help you connect your Note 5 to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung and install those on your PC.
- The USB debugging option of your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 should be enabled before the update. To enable the same visit Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download (Open Line and Globe) the Lollipop file for Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM-N9208 and extract it on the desktop of your PC. Now download Odin_v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Then press the Volume Up Button again after warning message appear on your screen, to put your Galaxy Note 5 into download mode.
- Then connect your Galaxy Note to your PC via USB cable.
- The bottom-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device to your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted Lollipop folder. Make sure that the re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Galaxy Note 5 restarts.
That’s it! You have now successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM-N9208 to the newest Android Lollipop N9208XXU2AOK8 Firmware. Go ahead and experience the Lollipop features in your Galaxy device. In case of any issues, get back to me via the comment section. I shall definitely come out with a solution for you. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.