After a long wait, Android 7.0 Nougat is now available for Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Duos SM-N9208. The Note 5 Duos users can now update your devices to the Android 7.0 Nougat via N9208XXU3CQC6 firmware. The update brings many great features of Android Nougat, a number of improvements with existing bug fixes, and the March security patch for your Note 5 Duos. If you want to upgrade your smartphone, we are here with the step-by-step guide for you. One you follow the steps given in this post and you can easily update your device with the Android 7.0 Nougat. However, before doing that, you need to meet certain requirements so that your update will succeed and any important data are not lost in your device. So take a quick look on the pre-requirements.
First, check the name and model of your smartphone as this tutorial is only for the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM-N9208 and flashing the firmware on other devices might end up to brick it, which we will not take any responsibility for any damage or data loss during the installation. So proceed only if you really understand what you’ll do.
- Make a full backup of important data of your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM-N9208 before the update, as it will format all.
- You also need a computer and original USB cable for the update.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Samsung Galaxy USB drivers as the drivers will help to connect your device to your PC. If not installed, first download the drivers from the official Samsung’s website and install on your PC.
- The USB debugging option of your device should be enabled. To enable it, go to Menu > Settings > Developer Options.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 50% power back up before starting the update.
How to Update
- At first download the Android 7.0 firmware file for your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM-N9208 and Odin v3.12.zip, here, then extract both on the desktop of your PC.
- Then boot your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Duos into download mode by first switching off the phone and then pressing its ‘Volume Down’ button, ‘Power’ Button and ‘Home’ Button at a same time. After that, press the ‘Volume Up’ Button to put your device into the download mode.
- Next, plug your Smartphone to your PC using a USB cable and launch Odin.
- The ID:COM port will turn blue with the COM port number after the connection of your Galaxy Note 5 Duos to your PC is successful.
- Now click on “AP/PDA” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted firmware folder. Make sure you have already unchecked the re-partition option.
- Next, click on the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 10-15 minutes. Wait still your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Duos reboots.
Also read: How to Update Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge G935FD to Android 7.0 Nougat in Russia
Congratulation! You have now updated your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Duos SM-G9208 to its latest Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware. Now you can experience the new features in your Samsung Galaxy Note 5. In case of any issues, get back to us via the comment section. We shall definitely come out with a solution for you.