Samsung has started rolling the new official Lollipop firmware for the Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910U. The firmware is now rolled Over The Air. The update is rolled in Brazil for the Claro Galaxy Tab 3 users and in Argentina and Panama. The update a further upgradation to the existing Android 4.4.4 KitKat OS. So if you have not already received the update Over The Air, then you can consider flashing it manually on your handset by following the steps I have mentioned below.
This new firmware is going to add a number of new features to the change-log of your Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910U and will enrich your device with many Lollipop goodies. Also it will fix the existing bugs in your Samsung Galaxy Note 4. The Lollipop firmware will also bring significant stability improvements in your device. So if you are not already into Lollipop Custom ROMs and want to flash this updated on your Android device, then follow this article.
- All important data and files of your Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910U should be provided a good backup before this update since the update might erase your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 drivers since those will help you connect your Galaxy handset to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on the Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download (Argentina and Panama) the Lollipop N910UXXS2CPF1.zip file for your Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910U and extract it on the desktop of your PC. After download Odinv3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Samsung Galaxy Note 4 into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down, Power and Home Buttons. Next press the Volume Up Button of your handset again after a warning message appears on your screen, to put your Samsung Galaxy Note 4 into download mode.
- Now connect the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device to your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, press “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″file from the extracted .zip folder. Make sure the re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Samsung Galaxy Note 4 restarts.
Voila! Now you have learnt the guide to flash the latest Android 5.1.1 Lollipop official N910UXXS2CPF1 firmware on your Samsung Galaxy Note 4 device. It’s time to have fun with the enhanced Lollipop goodies. In case of issues, inform me in the comment section. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.