Hello Samsung Galaxy J7 SM-J700M users. You will be glad to know that Samsung has started rolling the most recent Android 5.1.1 Lollipop official OS for you people. This update is being rolled in a number of countries including Argentina (Claro), Colombia (Comcel), Argentina, Jamaica and some other countries. If you are a Samsung Galaxy J7 Smartphone user, then get set to upgrade your Smartphone to the next level.
Being an OTA update, you will get a firmware update notification on your Samsung Galaxy J7 which you can install on your device by downloading it & following the instructions that appear on the screen of your Smartphone. You can also flash the firmware manually on your Samsung Galaxy J7 SM-J700M if you by chance failed to update it via OTA. But to update via manual update method will be little tricky and time taking procedure. However, you can wrap it easily by following the below given step-by-step guide.
Before initiating the update, you are highly recommended to use WiFi for download activities as the file might be heavier. You need to ensure that you have properly read and understand the given manual update method. It’s important because the update is your risk and we shall not take any responsibility if your Samsung Galaxy J7 SM-J700M experiences any issue during the update. Now let’s take a look on the below requirements for the update.
- All important data and files of your Samsung Galaxy J7 SM-J700M should be provided a good backup before the update since the update might erase your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Samsung Galaxy J7 drivers as that will connect your Smartphone easily to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on the Developer Option. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain 65% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update Samsung Galaxy J7 SM-J700M
- First of all download (As per your region) the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware file for your Samsung Galaxy J7 SM-J700M handset and extract it on the desktop of your PS. After download Odin v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Samsung Galaxy J7 SM-J700M into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down, Power and Home Buttons at a time. Next press the Volume Up Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put it into download mode.
- Now connect the Samsung Galaxy J7 SM-J700M to the PC via USB cable.
- The bottom-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy Smartphone to your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin, press “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted firmware folder. Make sure that the re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Samsung Galaxy J7 SM-J700M restarts.
Great work guys! You have learnt the step-by-step guide to flash the new Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware on your Samsung Galaxy J7 SM-J700M Smartphone. It’s time to have fun with the new Lollipop goodies. In case of any issues, feel free to get back to us via comment section.
For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.