Samsung has rolled out a February security patch for all Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime users. The update is available over the air, but if your handset has not received the patch update yet, you can use a manual flashing process in order to skip the OTA wait. This update adds bug fixes, stability upgrades and ensures better security.
So, If you want to upgrade further your Smartphone, then we are here with the step-by-step guide for you. Follow the steps given in this guide and you can easily update your device with the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. However, before that you need to meet certain requirements so that your update will not be a failure and any important data are not lost in your device. So take a quick look on the pre-requirements.
First, you should note that this guide is meant only for the Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime SM-G610F Smartphone and implementing the procedure on other devices might brick your device. Remember, TechGipsy will not take any responsibility for any sort of damage or data loss during the installation. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data and files of your Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime need to be backed up before the update, as it will erase all your important data.
- You also need a computer and original USB cable for the update.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime drivers since the drivers will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung and install on your PC.
- The USB debugging option of your handset should be enabled at first. To enable USB, go to Menu > Settings > Developer Option.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 65% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- At first download the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow G610FDDU1AQA2.zip file for your Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime and extract it on the desktop of your PC. Now download Odin v3.12.zip, here
- Then Put your Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime SM-G610F into download mode by first powering off the phone and then pressing its ‘Volume Down’ button, ‘Power’ Button and ‘Home’ Button at a time. Then, press the ‘Volume Up’ Button after you see a warning message appearing on your screen, to put your device handset into the download mode.
- Then connect your Smartphone to your PC using a USB cable and launch Odin.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message once the connection of your Galaxy Smartphone to your PC is successful.
- Now click on “AP/PDA” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow G610FDDU1AQA2 folder. Make sure you have unchecked the re-partition option first.
- Next, select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 10-15 minutes. Wait still your Samsung Galaxy reboots.
Also read: How to Update Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge G935FD to Android 7.0 Nougat in Russia
That’s all! You have now updated your Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime to its latest February security patch of Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Firmware. Now experience the new features in your Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime Smartphone. In case of any issues, get back to us via the comment section. We shall definitely come out with a solution for you.