The Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J500FN is one of the popular most Smartphones in present day era and it maintains its class with 5.0 inches Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, Qualcomm MSM8916 Snapdragon 410 processor, 1.5 GB of RAM, 8GB/16GB Internal memory, 13MP Rear Camera and many more. While before this Smartphone was running the default Android 5.1 Lollipop OS, now the users can enjoy the newest Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Operating System in their handsets.
But for that they have to flash the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop XXU1APE3 Firmware in their devices. The firmware can be flashed manually in their handset by following the below mentioned steps. The below given update method is especially meant for the Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J500FN Smartphone users residing in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Spain (Orange) and Italy (H3G). Download links given in this article are only meant for the said specified regions and not for others. So ensure that you are following the said guidelines.
But before that you need to fulfill certain requirements, so that your update will not be a failure, nor you will brick or lose any important data from your device. So take a quick look on the pre-requirements.
- All important data and files of your Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J500FN Smartphone should be provided a good back-up before this update since the update will erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Samsung Galaxy J5 drivers since the drivers will help you connect your Smartphone to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung and install those on your PC.
- The USB debugging option of your Samsung Galaxy J5 should be enabled before the update. To enable the same visit Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download (Bosnia and Herzegovina, Spain, Italy) the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop XXU1APE3.zip file for your Samsung Galaxy J5 and extract it on the desktop of your PC. Now download Odin_v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Samsung Galaxy J5 into download mode by first turning it off & then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Volume Up Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your Samsung Galaxy J5 into download mode.
- Then connect your Smartphone to the PC via USB cable.
- The bottom-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device to your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted 5.1.1 Lollipop XXU1APE3 folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Samsung Galaxy J5 restarts.
That’s it! You have successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy J5 to the official Android 5.1.1 Lollipop XXU1APE3 firmware. Move ahead to experience the latest Lollipop features in your Galaxy device. In case of any issues, ping me back in the comment section. I shall try to find out a solution for you. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.