If you have a Samsung Galaxy J2 SM-J200Y Smartphone, then get set to rejoice. Why? ‘Coz Samsung has started rolling out the newest Android 5.1.1 Lollipop J200YZTU1AOK1 firmware for the Samsung Galaxy J2 SM-J200Y handset in Taiwan. If you are a user of the said device and is in search of a step-by-step guide to update your device to the latest firmware, then I am here with the simple and easy to implement guide for you. The process is quite easy and will both fix the existing bugs in your device and will multiply your mobile experience with the newly incorporated features. But to perform the task, you need to solely read and understand the guide that I have brought here today for you. Just follow this article and within a few minutes you will be able to update your Samsung Galaxy J2 to the latest official Android 5.1.1 Lollipop J200YZTU1AOK1 Firmware.
This article is especially for those Samsung lovers who are owners of the Samsung Galaxy J2 SM-J200Y and are desperate to further upgrade their Smartphone to the latest Lollipop firmware. I have two options left for you to update your device. First of all you can update it after getting the firmware notification on your Smartphone. But it’s only meant for the uses living in the concerned region where the firmware has gone on floor. After getting the notification (since this is an OTA update), you have to click on the firmware to download it and follow the appearing instructions on your screen to update it further. But if you are a user who is not interested to wait till the update hits your device, then you can follow the manual update method mentioned below. But before that you need to fill certain criteria, otherwise called pre-requirements for this update. Take a keen look on the requirements.
Double check the Name and model of your Smartphone before initiating the update since this guide is meant for only the Samsung Galaxy J2 and utilizing the procedure in other devices might brick your device hard. Remember, TechGipsy will not remain responsible for any damage or data loss that your device might undergo during the installation process. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data and files of your Samsung Galaxy J2 SM-J200Y handset should be provided a good backup before this update since the update will erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Samsung Galaxy J2 drivers since the drivers will help you connect your Smartphone to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung and install those on your PC.
- The USB debugging option of your Samsung Galaxy J2 should be enabled before the update. To enable the same visit Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the 5.1.1 Lollipop J200YZTU1AOK1.zip file for Samsung Galaxy J2 SM-J200Y and extract it on the desktop of your PC. Now download Odin_v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Samsung Galaxy J2 SM-J200Y into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Then press the Volume Up Button again after warning message appear on your screen, to put your Samsung Galaxy J2 SM-J200Y into download mode.
- Then connect your Smartphone to the PC via USB cable.
- The bottom-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device to your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin & choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted 5.1.1 Lollipop folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Galaxy Wave restarts.
That’s it! You have now successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy J2 SM-J200Y handset to the latest Android Lollipop J200YZTU1AOK1 Firmware. Go ahead and experience the Android Lollipop features in your Galaxy device. In case of any issues, get back to me via the comment section. I shall definitely come out with a solution for you. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.