The Samsung Galaxy J1 SM-J100MU Smartphone users can now flash the newly released Android 4.4.4 KitKat OS to their android handset. Samsung has lately rolled an official Android KitKat 4.4.4 J100MUUBU0AOL1 Firmware in Argentina. The firmware has also gone on floor in a number of other countries.
The firmware has been designed to fix the existing bugs in the current build of your Smartphone and to enhance the capacity of your Smartphone. Wonder how! If you are a user of the Samsung Galaxy J1 SM-J100MU, then you can start updating your handset with the said firmware.
You can update your device via OTA update method. But if it’s not already hit your device, then you can follow the alternate method i.e. manual update. What you have to do is to follow the below given guide and within few minutes you can update your device fruitfully. But before that have a look on the below given pre-requirements.
Make sure to double check the Name and model of your Smartphone before initiating the update since this guide is meant for only the Samsung Galaxy J1 SM-J100MU and implementing the procedure in other devices might brick your device hard. Make sure that TechGipsy will never remain responsible for any sort of damage or data loss that your device might undergo during the installation process. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data and files of your Samsung Galaxy J1 SM-J100MU should be provided a good backup before this update since the update will erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Samsung Galaxy J1 SM-J100MU drivers since the drivers will help you connect your Smartphone to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung and install those on your PC.
- USB debugging option of your device must be enabled before update. To enable USB Debugging visit Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 60% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 4.4.4 KitKat.zip file for your Galaxy S4 Mini LTE and extract it to the desktop of your PC. Now download Odin_v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Samsung Galaxy J1 SM-J100MU into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Volume Up Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your handset into download mode.
- Then connect your Smartphone to the PC via USB cable.
- The bottom-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device to your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from extracted 4.4.4 KitKat J100MUUBU0AOL1 folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Samsung Galaxy J1 SM-J100MU restarts.
Great! Finally you wrapped up the installation of the android 4.4.4 KitKat J100MUUBU0AOL1 firmware in your Samsung Galaxy J1 SM-J100MU Smartphone. Now start experiencing the new KitKat goodies in your Galaxy handset. In case of any issues, forget not to put your queries in the comment section. I shall for sure come out with a solution for you. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.