In previous article, I let you know how to Update Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 LTE to Android 6.0 CM13 Marshmallow ROM. Today, I came to know that Samsung has started rolling the latest Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware update for the Vodafone Samsung Galaxy J1 Smartphone in South Africa. This is the latest update for the common as well as Vodafone Galaxy J1 users in SA which is assumed to fix the bugs in your device, if there is any.
Anyways, the firmware is being rolled in installments & hence post getting the firmware Over the Air you can download and install it on your Smartphone right away. Once installed, the firmware will revoke your device into stock Android mode and hence you will need to root your device again, if you have already rooted it on the previous firmware. Post getting the OTA notification, you are primarily recommended to download it using WiFi. If no WiFi, available then you have to make use of your mobile data.
But if you don’t belong to the category of fortunate users who have received the OTA, then this article is exclusively for you since following this you can flash the latest Android firmware manually on your Samsung Galaxy J1 SM-J100H. But before that read and understand the requirements mentioned below.
Make sure to double check the Name and model of your Smartphone before initiating the update since this guide is meant for only the Samsung Galaxy J1 SM-J100H and implementing the procedure in other devices might brick your device ravish. Make sure that TechGipsy will never remain responsible for any sort of damage or data loss that your device might undergo during the installation process. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data and files of your Samsung Galaxy J1 SM-J100H Smartphone should be provided a good backup before this update since the update will erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Samsung Galaxy J1 SM-J100H drivers since those will help you connect your Smartphone to your PC. So at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung and install those on your PC.
- The USB debugging option of your Smartphone should be enabled before the update. To enable the same visit Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 85% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update Samsung Galaxy J1 SM-J100H
- First of all download the Android 4.4.4 KitKat XXU0AOJ1.zip file for your Samsung Galaxy J1 and extract it on the desktop of your PC. Now download Odin_v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Samsung Galaxy J1 into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down+Power+Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Volume Up Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your Samsung Galaxy J1 SM-J100H into download mode.
- Then connect your Smartphone to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device with your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted 4.4.4 KitKat folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Samsung Galaxy J1 SM-J100H restarts.
That’s all! Finally you have stood successful in installing the latest android 4.4.4 XXU0AOJ1 firmware in your Samsung Galaxy J1 SM-J100H Smartphone. Move ahead and experience the KitKat fun in your Galaxy Smartphone. If face any problems, don’t forget to put your queries via the comment section. I shall for sure come out with a solution for you. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.