The Samsung Galaxy J1 Ace SM-J110F Smartphone users can now flash the newly released Android 4.4.4 KitKat OS to their android handsets. Samsung has lately rolled an official Android KitKat 4.4.4 Firmware update with the build name J110FXXU0AOK4 in South Africa, Tunisia and Morocco. The firmware is expected to reach many other countries soon where it has been landed yet.
The firmware is designed to fix the ongoing bugs in the current build of your Samsung Galaxy J1 Ace and to enhance the capacity of your Smartphone. Wonder how! If you are a user of the Samsung Galaxy J1 Ace Smartphone, then you can start updating your handset with the said firmware. You can update your device via OTA. But if it’s not already hit your device, then you can follow the manual update method. What you have to do in all is to follow the below given guide and within few minutes you can update your device fruitfully. But before that have a look on the below given pre-requirements.
Make sure to double check the Name and model of your Smartphone before initiating the update since this guide is meant for only the Samsung Galaxy J1 Ace SM-J110F and implementing the procedure in other devices might brick your device. Make sure that TechGipsy will not remain responsible for any damage or data loss that occurs to your device due to the installation process. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data and files of your Samsung Galaxy J1 Ace SM-J110F should be provided a good backup before the update since it will erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Samsung Galaxy J1 Ace drivers as the drivers will help you connect your Smartphone to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung and install those on your PC.
- The USB debugging option of your handset should be enabled before the update. To enable visit Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 60% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download (South Africa, Tunisia and Morocco) the Android KitKat .zip file for your Samsung Galaxy J1 Ace and extract it to the desktop of your PC. Then download Odin_v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Samsung Galaxy J1 Ace into download mode by first switching off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down, Power Button and Home Button. Thereafter press the Volume Up Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your Smartphone into download mode.
- Then connect your Samsung Galaxy J1 Ace to the PC via USB cable.
- The bottom-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device to your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from extracted 4.4.4 KitKat J110FXXU0AOK4 folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Samsung Galaxy J1 Ace restarts.
Great! Finally you wrapped up the installation of the android 4.4.4 KitKat J110FXXU0AOK4 firmware on your Samsung Galaxy J1 Ace Smartphone. Now start experiencing the new KitKat goodies in your Galaxy handset. In case of any issues, forget not to put your queries in the comment section. I shall for sure come out with a solution for you. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.