The Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime users are recommended to update their Smartphone to the newest Android 5.1.1 Lollipop G531FXXU1APA1 firmware which has just recently been released in a number of countries i.e. Greece, Russia, Netherlands, Saudi Arabia, Morocco, Tunisia, Kenya and many other countries by Samsung. The firmware is an OTA update and it’s being delivered in installments in the said countries.
So the users can update their devices post getting the notification. However, there is also another update method called manual update that can be used by users living across the globe. Also this update can be used by the users who are desperate to update their Galaxy devices even before the notification arrives their notification panel.
To start with the update you need to fill certain requirements which are quite essential for the update. To get a detailed knowledge of the pre-requirements, have a look below.
Double check the Name and model of your Smartphone before initiating the update since this guide is meant for only the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime and implementing the procedure in other devices might brick your device hard. Remember, TechGipsy will no way remain responsible for any sort of damage or data loss that your Android device might undergo during the installation process. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data and files of your Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime should be provided a good backup before this update since the update might erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime drivers since the drivers will help you connect your handset to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung and install those on your PC.
- The USB debugging option of your Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime should be enabled before the update. To enable the same visit Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on the Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop G531FXXU1APA1.zip file for your Smartphone and extract it on the desktop of your PC. Now download Odin v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Volume Up Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime into download mode.
- Then connect your tablet to your PC via USB cable.
- The bottom-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device with your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted Android 5.1.1 Lollipop G531FXXU1APA1 folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Galaxy Note 3 restarts.
That’s it! You have now successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime to the latest Android 5.1.1 Lollipop G531FXXU1APA1 Firmware. Go ahead and experience the enriched Lollipop features in your Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime. In case of any issues, get back to me via the comment section. I shall find out a solution for you. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.