Well Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime users. You will be glad to know that Samsung has started rolling the newest version of powerful Android 5.0.2 Lollipop official OS update for you people. This update is being rolled in a number of countries such as Guatemala, Trinidad & Tobago, Panama, Russia and many other countries. So if you are a Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime user, then get set to upgrade your Smartphone to the next level.
Being an OTA update, you will get a firmware update notification on your handset soon which you can install on your device by downloading it and following the instructions appearing on the screen of your Smartphone. You can also flash the firmware manually on your Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime if you by chance failed to update it via OTA. But to update via manual update method will be little tricky and time taking procedure. However, you can wrap it easily by following the below given step-by-step guide.
Before initiating the update, you are highly recommended to use WiFi for download activities as the file might be heavier. Apart, you must make sure that you have properly read and understood the given manual update method. It’s important because the update is your risk and we shall not take any responsibility if your device experiences any fault during the update. Now let’s take a look on the below given requirements for the update.
- All important data and files of your Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime should be provided a good backup before the update since the update might erase your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime drivers as those will connect your device easily to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on the Developer Option. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download (Guatemala, Trinidad & Tobago, Panama, Russia) the Android 5.0.2 Lollipop XCU1BPE4.zip file for your Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime handset and extract it on the desktop of your PS. After download Odin v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down, Power and Home Buttons at a time. Next press the Volume Up Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your handset into download mode.
- Now connect the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime to the PC via USB cable.
- The bottom-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device to your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin, press “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted .zip folder. Make sure that the re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime restarts.
Voila! You have learnt the step-by-step guide to flash the latest Android 5.0.2 Lollipop G530HXCU1BPE4 firmware on your Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime handset. It’s time to have fun with the new Lollipop goodies. In case of issues, get back to us via comment section. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.