Android 4.4.4 KitKat G355HNXXU0APF1 Firmware is at present available for the Samsung Galaxy Core2 SM-G355HN users. If you are a user of this Smartphone and is eagerly waiting to upgrade your current firmware build, then this firmware will stand important for you. The firmware is right now being rolled for the users in Hungary, Bosnia and Herzegovina, and Bulgaria. Rather it has been started rolling today. Being this an official firmware update, you get this firmware Over The Air and it might reach your handset at anytime. But without waiting for the OTA, you can also manually flash the firmware on your Samsung Galaxy Core2 SM-G355HN Smartphone. But how? Follow the tips given below.
Double check the Name and model of your device before starting the update as this guide is specially meant for the Samsung Galaxy Core2 SM-G355HN Smartphone and in case you use it on any other device, it might brick your device totally. Remember, TechGipsy will not be blamed for any damage or data loss of your device, if it experiences any during the update. So proceed at your own risk.
Also Read: Install Official Oxygen 3.2.2 Operating System on OnePlus 3
- Create a complete back up of your Samsung Galaxy Core2 SM-G355HN handset since the update might erase all data from your device.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Samsung Galaxy Core2 drivers as those will connect your Smartphone to your PC easily. If not installed, then first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung and install those on your PC.
- The USB debugging option of your Smartphone must be enabled before update. Do so by going to Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- Download (Hungary, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria) the Android 4.4.2 KitKat G355HNXXU0APF1.zip file for your Samsung Galaxy Core2 and extract it on the desktop of your PC. Now download Odin_v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Samsung Galaxy Core2 SM-G355HN into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Power Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your Smartphone into download mode.
- Then connect your Samsung Galaxy Core2 to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy handset to your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted 4.4.2 KitKat G355HNXXU0APF1 folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Samsung Galaxy Core2 SM-G355HN restarts.
Also Read: Steps to Install Maximum OvrDriVE S7 Edge Port V3.4 ROM on Verizon Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910V
That’s it! You have now successfully flashed the newest Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware on your Samsung Galaxy Core2 SM-G355HN Smartphone. If you face any issues during the update, then inform me via the comment section. I shall find out a solution for you. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy