Pretty good news for the Samsung Galaxy Core Prime SM-G361H users. A new official 5.1.1 Lollipop update has been recently released from the official source for the Galaxy Core Prime users in South Africa (Vodafone). If you are a user of the said Smartphone and reside in the said country, then soon your device will be blessed with this new firmware from Samsung via OTA. Post receiving the firmware, you can download and install the firmware in your Samsung Galaxy Core Prime by following the instructions that appear on your screen.
Also you can check availability of the firmware via Kies and update the same to your device. But if you fail in both of these update formats, then this manual update method can help you flash the firmware to your device manually. What you have to do is just to download the firmware from the given link and follow the given method to flash it on your Smartphone. Now let’s have a look on the procedure.
Before initiating the update, you are highly recommended to use WiFi for download activities since the file might be heavier. Apart, you must make sure that you have properly read and understood the full method before starting the update procedure. It’s important as the update is your risk and we at TechGipsy shall not take any responsibility if your device experiences any issue during the update. Now let’s take a look on the below given requirements for the update.
- All important data and files of your Samsung Galaxy Core Prime SM-G361H should be provided a good back-up before this update since the update might erase your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be per-loaded with the Galaxy Core Prime drivers since the drivers will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop file for your Samsung Galaxy Core Prime SM-G361H and extract it on the desktop of your Computer. Now download Odin v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Samsung Galaxy Core Prime SM-G361H into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Power Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your Samsung Galaxy Core Prime SM-G361H device into download mode.
- Now connect the Samsung Galaxy Core Prime to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device to your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, press “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted SM-G361H folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Samsung Galaxy Core Prime SM-G361H restarts.
Voila! You have now fruitfully updated your Samsung Galaxy Core Prime SM-G361H to the latest Android 5.1.1 official firmware. Go ahead and experience the latest Android Lollipop fun in your Galaxy device. In case of worries, get back to us via the comment section. Also forget not to mention your new Lollipop experience via massage in the comment section. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.