Hello Samsung Galaxy C7 SM-C7000 users! Get ready to multiply your mobile fun. Wonder why! ‘Coz I have a great news for you. Samsung just of late rolled out a new firmware update with build No C7000ZHU2AQF2 for the Samsung Galaxy C7 users in HongKong. So users living in the said regions can further upgrade their Smartphone to the latest Android Marshmallow OS. Isn’t it a great news?
The Samsung Galaxy C7 SM-C7000 will be enriched with some brand new features and this update will bring a number of enhancements in the existing software section of your handset. Being this the upgraded version of OS, so your Smartphone will be empowered with a number of Marshmallow goodies. Also the firmware will bring enhancement and stability to your device.
So if you are a proud owner of Samsung Galaxy C7 SM-C7000 and want to further upgrade it to the new OS via the manual procedure, then I am here with this step-by-step guide for you. Just follow the steps given in this guide and you can easily update your handset to the latest firmware. But before that you need to fulfill certain requirements, so that your update will neither be a failure, nor you will brick your handset nor will lose any important data from your device. So take a quick look on the pre-requirements.
Double check the Name and model of your Smartphone before initiating the update since this guide is meant for only the Samsung Galaxy C7 and implementing the procedure in other devices might brick your Smartphone. Remember, TechGipsy will no way remain responsible for any sort of damage or data loss if your device undergoes any during the installation process. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data and files of your Samsung Galaxy C7 SM-C7000 should be created with a good back-up before update since the update might erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Galaxy USB drivers since the drivers will connect your handset to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung and install those on your PC.
- The USB debugging option of your Smartphone should be enabled before update. To enable same visit Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on the Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 60% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow C7000ZHU2AQF2 Firmware file for your Samsung Galaxy C7 and extract it to the desktop of your PC. Now download Odin v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Samsung Galaxy C7 into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button at a time. Thereafter press the Volume Up Button again after a warning message appears on your screen, to put your Galaxy C7 into download mode.
- Then connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after connection of the Galaxy device to your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted Android Marshmallow folder. Make sure that the re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Samsung Galaxy C7 restarts.
That’s it! You have now updated your Samsung Galaxy C7 to the Marshmallow C7000ZHU2AQF2 Firmware. Go ahead and experience the Marshmallow features in your Galaxy C7. In case of any issues, get back to me via comment section. I shall try to find out a solution for you. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.