Samsung, the leading South Korean mobile and Smartphone manufacturer just recently rolled a new official Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware with the build name ZCU1BOL2 for the Samsung Galaxy A7 SM-A7000 Smartphone users in China. So if you are a user and living in China for the Open China customers, then you can flash this new firmware on your handset right away. Soon you will get the update notification via OTA on your smartphone. Then you can download the software, launch it on your device and can follow the instructions that appear on your screen to flash it to your Smartphone. You also can manually check availability of the firmware on your Samsung Galaxy A7 by going through Settings>About Device>Software Update.
But if you are not patient enough to wait still the OTA hits, then you can follow the manual update method. Flashing the new Android 5.1.1 Lollipop ZCU1BOL2 firmware on your Samsung Galaxy A7 SM-A7000 phone using the manual method will be little tricky, but not difficult. But if you are a newbie, then you must properly read and understand the step-by-step guide properly before initiating the update. Remember, we at Techgipsy will not remain responsible for any sort of brick or damage of your device, if it experiences any during the update process. So don’t proceed if you know not what you do.
You are recommended to use WiFi while downloading the firmware. Else it might use much of your mobile data. Apart, double check the Name and model of your handset before starting the update since this guide is meant only for the Samsung Galaxy A7 SM-A7000 Smartphone and hence should not be implemented in any other devices. Else it might brick your device or create bugs in it. Now let’s take a look on the pre-requirements.
- All important data and files of your Samsung Galaxy A7 should be taken a good back-up before starting the update since it will erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with Samsung Galaxy A7 drivers as the drivers will connect your handset to your PC easily. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official website of Samsung.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop ZCU1BOL2.zip file for your Samsung Galaxy A7 and extract it on the desktop of your Computer. Now download Odin_v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Samsung Galaxy A7 into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Press Volume Up Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your handset into download mode.
- Then connect your Samsung Galaxy A7 to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device to your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted official lollipop folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Samsung Galaxy A7 SM-A7000 restarts.
Superb!! You are all done. It’s time to detect the changes that your device underwent post update. If faced any problems in the update, feel free to ping me back in the comment section. I shall try to find out some solution for you. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.