It’s a pleasure to announce that Samsung has started rolling the newest version of Android 5.1.1 Lollipop update for the Samsung Galaxy A5 SM-A510F Smartphone users in Morocco (MAT), Cyprus, Spain, Israel, Croatia, Hungary, Slovakia and Bulgaria. The firmware is dubbed as A510FXXU1APA3/A510FXXU1APA6/A510FXXU1APA7 and is being delivered to the users in installments. If you are a user of the said Smartphone and reside in any of the said countries, then this firmware is exclusively for you.
Soon you will have the firmware update on the notification panel of your Smartphone via OTA and you can flash it by downloading on your device and following the instructions that appear on your screen. But users, who are not fortunate enough to get the firmware Over The Air, you can follow the alternate method called manual update. It’s simple to follow and easy to execute. But for that you need to fulfill certain requirements at first. Let’s have a look on the same.
Double check the Name and model of your Smartphone before starting the update as this guide is specially meant for only the Samsung Galaxy A5 and implementing the procedure in any other devices might brick it hard. Remember, TechGipsy will not be responsible for any such damage or data loss if device experiences any during installation. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data and files of your Samsung Galaxy A5 should be provided a good back-up before the update since the update will erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be loaded with the Samsung Galaxy A5 drivers as the drivers will connect your Smartphone to your PC easily. If not installed, then first download the drivers from the site of Samsung and install those on your PC.
- The USB debugging option of your Smartphone should be enabled before the update. To enable the same visit Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on the Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your Samsung Galaxy A5 phone battery fully charged. If it is not charged fully, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop .zip file for the Samsung Galaxy A5 & extract it on the desktop of your PC. Then download Odin v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Galaxy handset into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Volume Up Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your handset into download mode.
- Then connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB cable.
- The bottom-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of your Galaxy device to your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted Android 5.1.1 Lollipop folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and then press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Samsung Galaxy Smartphone restarts.
Congrats! You have now finally updated your Samsung Galaxy A5 SM-A510F Smartphone to the latest Android 5.1.1 Lollipop OS. Now it’s time to experience the superior Lollipop features on your Samsung Galaxy A5 SM-A510F handset. In case of any issues, get back to me in the comment section. I shall try to find out a solution for you. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.