Finally, the official Android 7 Nougat update has officially been rolled for the Samsung Galaxy A5⑥ SM-A510FD via OTA in a number of countries such as Bangladesh, Nepal, Iran, Nigeria, Egypt, Kenya (Zain), Iraq, Libya, Zambia, and Pakistan. However, if you have not received the update notification on your device yet, then you can try the alternate method that will use the ODIN app to flash the firmware. But before proceeding, you need to check out the pre-requirements and steps for this update.
This update is only meant for the Samsung Galaxy A5⑥ SM-A510FD, so you must not use it on any other device. Next, make sure your Smartphone is running on the stock Android OS. If not, then you should not follow the below given steps on your Smartphone. If your Smartphone is running on any Custom ROM, then you have to perform a factory reset. However, in case any issues you faced during the update process, then this will be your responsibility and it’s not our responsibility.
Before you perform the firmware update, ensure to make a full backup of your Samsung Galaxy A5⑥. It is the most important task as there are chances of your device losing all data on your device during the update. Remember to install the Samsung USB drivers on your PC to connect it properly to your device. Next, enable the USB Debugging option in Settings of your Samsung Galaxy A5⑥. Finally, keep at least 60% power back up on your Smartphone so that your device will not power off during the update or else the Smartphone might get corrupted.
Steps to Update
Now let’s follow the steps to flash the Android 7 Nougat Firmware on your Samsung Galaxy A5⑥ SM-A510FD.
- First of all download (As per your region) the Android Nougat.zip firmware for your device and then download Odin on your PC. Extract both the firmware file and Odin.
- Next, put your Samsung Galaxy A5⑥ into download mode by press and holding the Volume Down+ Power + Home Buttons at the same time. When you see a warning massage on your screen, press the Volume Up button to boot your device into Download mode.
- Plug your Samsung Galaxy A5⑥ to your PC using a USB cable and then launch Odin. Once it gets connected to your PC, Odin will display a massage in the bottom-left corner.
- Now click on “AP/PDA” button and select the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted .zip folder. Make sure you uncheck the re-partition box.
- Now check the box next to the Auto-reboot option in Odin and click on the “Start” button. The update will start now and take around 15-20 minutes. Wait still the update is finished.
Once you have completed the update, your Samsung Galaxy A5⑥ will restart and you can check the latest firmware version at the About Device section of your Smartphone. Be free to let us know if you face any issues or difficulties in the update process. We shall try to help you out.