Great news for all Samsung Galaxy A3 ⑥ SM-A310Y users, Samsung just lately rolled the new Marshmallow update for the Samsung Galaxy A3 ⑥ SM-A310Y. While the device by default run the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, now it can be further be upgraded to the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OS. This new firmware is about to add a number of new features on your Galaxy A3 ⑥ that will drag your device into superiority, both in terms of features and specification.
Better you can experience the features on your device once you have upgraded your Android device to the next version of OS. While the update is right now live in New Zealand, Papua New Guinea. It’s supposed to reach other corners of the globe soon. To start updating your Smartphone right now using the manual update, follow the steps properly as stated below.
Make sure to check your device name and model properly before initiating the update, since the update is exclusively meant for the Samsung Galaxy A3 ⑥ SM-A310Y and implementing the same in other Android devices might brick your device or create bugs in it. You remember that TechGipsy will not remain responsible for any sort of issues created in your device due to the update process.
- All important data and files of your Samsung Galaxy A3 ⑥ SM-A310Y should be provided a good backup before this update since the update might erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Samsung Galaxy A3 ⑥ SM-A310Y drivers since the drivers will help you connect your Galaxy A3 to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 60% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First, you need to download (New Zealand and Papua New Guinea) the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow A310YDVU2BPG1.zip file for your Samsung Galaxy A3 ⑥ SM-A310Y and extract it on the desktop of your Computer. Now download Odin v3.10.zip, here
- Then put your Samsung Galaxy A3 ⑥ SM-A310Y into download mode by first powering off the Android device and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Volume Up Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your Galaxy into download mode.
- Now connect the Samsung Galaxy A3 ⑥ SM-A310Y to the PC via USB cable.
- The bottom-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Samsung Galaxy A3 ⑥ SM-A310Y to your PC is successful.
- Now open Odin on your PC, press “AP/PDA” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted Marshmallow folder. Make sure to uncheck re-partition option.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 10-15 minutes. Wait still your Samsung Galaxy A3 ⑥ SM-A310Y restarts
Also read: How to update Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow for Korean Samsung Galaxy A8 (2015)
And Congratulations! You are now successfully done with the update of your Samsung Galaxy A3 ⑥ SM-A310Y to the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Browse through to experience the new Marshmallow features in your Samsung Galaxy A3 ⑥ SM-A310Y. In case of any issues, get back to us via the comment section. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.