My previous article was all about the steps to Update Xiaomi Mi 3 and Mi4 to Android 6.0 marshmallow and I think the article would have helped the readers a lot wanted to upgrade their Xiaomi Mi 3 and Xiaomi Mi4 Smartphones to the next version. This article of mine will guide you through a step-by-step process to update your Samsung Galaxy J1 Ace SM-J110M to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop J110MUBU0AOK2 Firmware via Odin update method. The task is quite easy and will both fix the existing bugs in your Smartphone and will enrich your device with brand new features. But to perform the task you need to solely read and understand this guide at first. Just follow this article and within some time you will be able to update your Samsung Galaxy J1 Ace SM-J110M to the newest official Android Lollipop J110MUBU0AOK2 Firmware.
This article is exclusively for the proud owners of the Moviestar Samsung Galaxy J1 Ace who reside in South America. We have two options for the users. First is the OTA update method since the users residing in South America will get the OTA notification on their Smartphones soon. After getting the notification just they have to click on the firmware to download it and follow the appearing instructions on their screen to update it further. But if you are a user can’t wait till the update hits your device, then you can follow the manual update method. But before that you need to fill definitely conditions, otherwise called per-requirements. Take a keen look on the pre-requirements here.
Double check the Name and model of your device before initiating the update since this guide is meant for only the Samsung Galaxy J1 Ace handset and implementing the procedure in other devices might brick your device. Anyways, TechGipsy will not remain responsible for any sort of damage or data loss the Smartphone might undergo during the installation process. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data and files of your Samsung Galaxy J1 Ace should be provided a good back-up before this update since the update might erase your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Samsung Galaxy J1 Ace drivers since the drivers will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the android 5.1.1 Lollipop J110MUBU0AOK2.zip file for your Moviestar Samsung Galaxy J1 Ace and extract it on the desktop of your Computer. After download Odin v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Galaxy J1 Ace into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Power Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your Galaxy device into download mode.
- Then launch Odin on your PC and connect the Galaxy J1 Ace to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device to your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, press “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted J110MUBU0AOK2 folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unticked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Samsung Galaxy J1 Ace restarts. Then unplug your device.
Congratulations! You are now successfully done with the updating of your Movistar Samsung Galaxy J1 Ace Smartphone. Go ahead and experience the enhanced Lollipop features on your handsetr. In case of any issues, get back to us via the comment section. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.