My previous article was all about the steps to flash CM 12.1 Android 5.1.1 Stable ROM on HTC One M7 and I hope the article would have helped the users who had desired to enjoy Lollipop 5.1.1 Features in their HTC One M7 handset. Now this article will guide you through the steps to update your Moviestar Galaxy Grand Prime VE SM-G531M to latest Android 5.1.1 UBU1AOG4 Firmware via Odin method. The task is quite easy and will both fix the existing bugs in your Smartphone and will enrich your device with brand new features. But to perform the task you need to solely read and understand the guide that I have brought here for you. Just follow this article and quickly you will be able to update your Moviestar Galaxy Grand Prime VE to the official Android Lollipop Firmware.
This article is only for the proud owners of the Moviestar Galaxy Grand Prime VE users who want to further upgrade it to the Lollipop firmware. We have a couple of options for the users. Since this is an OTA update and has landed in Argentina, so the users residing in the said country will get the notification on their Smartphone soon. After getting the notification just they have to click on the firmware to download it and follow the appearing instructions on their screen to update it further.
But if you are a user who can’t wait till the update hits your device, then you can follow the manual update method. But to start with the manual update, you need to fill certain conditions otherwise called per-requirements. Take a keen look on the requirements here.
Double check the Name and model of your Smartphone before initiating the update since this guide is meant only for the Moviestar Galaxy Grand Prime VE and implementing the procedure in other devices might brick your device. Anyways, TechGipsy will not remain responsible for any sort of damage or data loss the device might undergo during the installation process. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data and files of your Moviestar Galaxy Grand Prime VE should be provided a good back-up before this update since the update might erase your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be per-loaded with the Moviestar Galaxy Grand Prime VE drivers since the drivers will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, then at first download and install the drivers from the official site of Samsung.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the android 5.1.1 UBU1AOG4.zip file for your Moviestar Galaxy Grand Prime VE and extract it on the desktop of your Computer. After download Odin v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Moviestar Galaxy Grand Prime VE into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Power Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your Galaxy device into download mode.
- Then launch Odin on your PC and connect the Moviestar Galaxy Grand Prime VE to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device to your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, press “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted UBU1AOG4 folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unticked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Moviestar Galaxy Grand Prime VE restarts. Then unplug your device.
Congratulations! You are now successfully done with the updating of your Moviestar Galaxy Grand Prime VE device. Go ahead and experience the Lollipop fun. In case of any issues, get back to us via the comment section. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.