The Android 5.0.2 CM 12 Nightly ROM is now available for the Motorola Droid RAZR handse. Users wishing to flash this new Custom ROM to their handsets can follow the given below steps. The CM 12 Nightly Custom ROM is based on the first Android 5.0.2 Lollipop umts_spyder builds and is supposed to add a number of changes to the Changlog list. You can make a detailed list of the changes made to your device post the Custom ROM is updated.
Now question arises, how to flash the ROM on your Motorola Droid RAZR. It’s quite simple and takes little time. But for that you need to fill certain requirements. Before starting the update, you need to read and understand the steps properly, else it might create bugs in your device, even might brick it. We at TechGipsy will not remain responsible for any sort of inconvenience caused to your device due to the update. It’s all your risk.
First of all create a Nandroid back up for your Motorola Droid RAZR Smartphone before starting the update. Then enable the USB Debugging option in your handset. To do that visit Settings>About US section in your Motorola Droid RAZR device. Also install the Motorola Droid RAZR drivers on your PC to easily connect it to your handset. Maintain at least 75% power back up to avoid inconvenience during the update. Your Xperia M handset needs to be rooted and flashed with a latest Custom Recovery image (TWRP or CWM) as the ROM will seek access to built-in features and programs and being the file in .zip format will require Recovery Image to get installed.
Steps to flash CM 12 Nightly Custom ROM to Motorola Droid RAZR
- First of all download the CM 12 Nightly Custom ROM & Gapps for your Motorola Droid RAZR.
- Then connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB & then move the both the files to the SD card of your device. After unplug the USB, switch off your Smartphone and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Then choose the option “Install zip from SD card” and choose the .zip file and the Gapps file one after another from your SD card which you had moved to your Smartphone in step II.
- Now click update and follow the instructions that appear on your screen. It will take sometime to flash the firmware in your Smartphone.
- Follow the same procedure to install Gapps on your handset.
- Once the flashing is finished, return to the Main Menu and select “reboot system now”. The device will take at least 10 minutes to update. So wait still the flashing is complete.
Congrats! Your Smartphone is now ready to undergo the Lollipop test. So what to wait for? Start your experiment. In case of any issues, inform me via the comment section. I shall try to find out a solution for you.