If you are having a LG Nexus 5X H790/H791 smartphone, now you can cross your fingers to get the latest Android 7.0 Nougat features in your handset. Thanks to XDA forums, the Android 7.0 Nougat XperianZ Pixel V3 is available for LG Nexus 5X despite in the form of Custom ROM. Now you can follow the steps here in Techgipsy to update your Nexus 5X to the latest Android version. However, make sure that before you do the following steps, you have met the entire requirements before flashing the update.
Related: How to flash Android 7.0 Nougat Factory Image on Nexus 6)
- This Rom can only be used on LG Nexus 5X (H790, H791) and if any other Android device installs it, it can end to brick the device.
- Most importantly, you have to root your LG Nexus 5X in order to install a custom recovery such as TWRP (https://dl.twrp.me/yuga) or CWM recovery to install this Rom
- The process will wipe out all the data of your Nexus 5X, so make sure you make a backup via Google or Dropbox first.
- Charge the battery up to at least 60% to ensure it will not die during installing Rom process.
- You have to install the LG Nexus 5X Smartphone SDK on your PC to transfer Rom file
- You also need a stable internet connection to download the custom rom.
Warning: There are chances of bricking your device while flashing the XperianZ Pixel V3 ROMon your device, so make sure to do everything at your own risk.
(Also see: One-click Method to Root Google Nexus 10)
Steps to Update
- First, downloadthe XperianZ Pixel V3 ROM and Gapps files for your phone on your PC. Then check on the USB Debugging option on your device in Developer option in Settings
- Connect your smartphone to the computer via a USB cable & copy all the files to the SD card of your LG Nexus 5X Smartphone
- Power off your Nexus 5X and boot into the recovery mode. To do this, press and hold both the Power and Volume Down buttons until you see the fastboot mode. When in Fastboot Mode, press the Volume Down button twice, it will appear recovery option.
- In the Recovery mode, select ‘wipe data, cache, dalvik, system’ and confirm the selection
- Now, install the files on your device. To start, the process, tap on “install zip from SD card” and select the Custom ROM file that you had moved to your device. Then flash ROM V1 Zip, ROM V2 Zip, ROM V3 Zip, Gapps and Super SU
- Once the installation is successful, go back the Recovery menu and selects “reboot system now”. For the first time booting up, it will take you 20 minutes.
That’s all. Once done, you can check the latest firmware Android 7.0 Nougat on the About Device section in Settings. If you face any issues, feel free to let us know in the comment section. We shall find out solutions for you.