Hello you guys! If you are interested in enjoying a smoother and more powerful Android experience on your LG G Pad 8, then we have a new one for you. One new unofficial great Nougat ROM is available for the LG G Pad 8 (V480). The Custom ROM based on CyanogenMod builds and adds a number of new features on your handset that include latest features of Android 7.1 Nougat.
However, before installing this Custom ROM, you must root your LG G Pad 8 first and make sure a Custom Recovery image installed on your device. The new Android firmware will bring considerable changes in your handset and make it more noteworthy to use. But at the same time you might face some issues or bugs in your device because of the update for which we at TechGipsy will not take any responsibility.
Remember, this update is exclusively meant for the LG LG G Pad tablet. If you use this Custom ROM file in any other device, it might get bricked. Moreover, enable the USB Debugging option in your handset before the update. Maintain at least 60% power to avoid unexpected shutdown during update. Most importantly create a full back of your LG V480 so that you will not permanently lose any important data on your device.
Also read: How to update LG Nexus 5 to Android 7.0 Nougat CM14 ROM
Steps to Update LG G Pad 8 (V480) to Android 7.1 Nougat
- First, download the Android 7.1 Nougat ROM and Gapps file for your LG G Pad 8
- Plug your device to your PC via a USB cable and transfer the Custom 7.1 Nougat ROM and the Gapps files to the SD card/ internal storage of your device. After that, turn off your tablet and put it into the recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode, select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache options from the recovery mode menu
- Then choose “Install .zip from SD Card” option and select the files that you moved in.
- Now click Install and wait still the files get flashed on your LG G Pad 8 one after another.
- Once finished, go back to the recovery menu and select “reboot system now”.
Congratulation! You have successfully updated your LG G Pad 8 tablet to the Android 7.1 Nougat ROM. Updating your device following the procedure given above is quite easy and does not create any issues for you. If you still face any issues, ping us back in the comment section. We shall try to find out a solution for you.