Samsung has rolled a new firmware update for all Korean Samsung Galaxy S7. Now you can further upgrade your devices to the Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware. The update has been rolled out for Korean Galaxy S7 models. The Galaxy S7 is Samsung’s highest flagship smartphone until now with a number of high-end features and the update is expected to bring a number of improvements with existing bug fixes for your Korean S7 SM-G930.
If you love your device and want to further upgrade your Smartphone, then we are here with the step-by-step guide for you. Follow the steps given in this guide and you can easily update your S7 to the Android 7.0 Nougat. However, before that you have to meet certain requirements so that your update will not be a failure and you will not lose any important data in your device. So take a quick look on the pre-requirements.
First, check the name and model of your smartphone before starting the update as this guide is meant only for the Korean Samsung Galaxy S7 models: G930S, G930L, G930K and implementing the procedure on other devices might brick the device. Remember, we will not remain responsible for any sort of damage or data loss during the update process. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data and files of your Korean Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930 should be backed up completely before the update as it would format all your important data.
- You also need a computer and original USB cable for the installation.
- Your PC must be pre-installed with the Samsung USB drivers as the drivers will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung and install on your PC.
- The USB debugging option of your handset should be enabled at first. To enable USB, go to Menu > Settings > Developer Options.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If not, at least maintain a minimum of 50% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- At first, download the Android 7.0 Nougat file for your Korean Samsung Galaxy S7(G930S, G930L, G930K) and extract it on the desktop of your PC. Now download Odin v3.10.zip, here
- Then Put your Korean Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930 into download mode by first powering off the phone and then holding & pressing its ‘Volume Down’ button, ‘Power’ Button and ‘Home’ Button at a time. After that, press the ‘Volume Up’ Button after you see a warning message appearing on the screen to boot your device into the download mode.
- Then plug your Smartphone to your PC using USB cable and launch Odin app
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of your Galaxy Smartphone to your PC is successful.
- Now, click on “AP/PDA” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted Android 7.0 Nougat folder. Make sure you have already unchecked the re-partition option.
- Next, select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 10-15 minutes. Wait for your Korean Galaxy S7 to restart.
Also read: How to International Samsung Galaxy A3⑥ to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
Congratulation! You have now updated your Korean Samsung Galaxy S7 to its latest Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware. Now experience the latest Nougat features with GraceUX layout in your smartphone. In case of any issues, get back to us via the comment section. We shall definitely come out with a solution for you.