Finally, the official Android 7.0 Nougat update has officially been rolled out for the Korean Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925 S/L/K through OTA. However, if you have not received the update notification on your device yet, then you can try the alternate method that is using the ODIN app to flash the firmware. But before proceeding, you need to check out the pre-requirements and steps for this update.
This update is only meant for the Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925 S/L/K, so you must not use it not any other device. Next, make sure your Smartphone is running on the stock Android OS, if not, you should not follow the below given steps on your Smartphone. If your Smartphone is running on any Custom ROM, then you will need to perform a factory reset. However, in case any issues you faced during the update process, then this will be your responsibility and it’s not our responsibility.
Before you perform the firmware update, making a full backup of your Korean Galaxy S6 Edge is the most important as there are many chances of losing all data on your device during the update. Secondly, remember to install the Samsung USB drivers on your PC to connect it properly to your device. Next, enable the USB Debugging option in Settings on your Galaxy S6 Edge. Finally, keep at least 50% power left so that your device will not power off during the update or gets corrupted.
Steps to Update
Now let’s follow the steps to flash the Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware on your Korean Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge G925 S/L/K.
- First of all download the Android Nougat.zip firmware for your device (SM-G925S, SM-G925L, SM-G925K) and then download Odin on your PC. Extract both the firmware file and Odin.
- Next, put your Korean Galaxy S6 Edge into download mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down+ Power + Home Buttons at a same time. When you see a warning massage on your screen, press the Volume Up button to boot your device into Download mode.
- Plug your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge to your PC using a USB cable and launch Odin. Once it gets connected successfully, Odin will display a massage in the bottom-left corner.
- Now click on “AP/PDA” and select the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted .zip folder. Make sure you uncheck the re-partition box.
- Now check the box next to the Auto-reboot option in Odin and click on the “Start” button. The update will start now and take around 15-20 minutes. Wait still the update is finished.
Also read: How to update Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus to Android 7.0 Nougat in Europe
Once you are completed the update, your Korean Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925S/L/K will restart and then you can check the latest firmware version at the About Device section. Feel free to let us know if you face any issues or difficulties in the update process. We shall try to help you out.