Dear all Huawei P8 Lite Smartphone users! After a long wait, you can now install the new Android 7.1.1 Nougat Lineage OS ROM on your handset. The Custom ROM is based on the latest Lineage build and brings the best Android Nougat experience by adding the new features on your device. If you feel interested this ROM, we have a step-by-step guide below for you to lead you through the update. Of course, it’s bit tough for the newbies. But that doesn’t mean the new Nougat Custom ROM is not for them. You should only have a detailed knowledge of the update process as assigned below.
Before performing the Custom ROM update, you need to install the latest Custom Recovery image (TWRP or CWM) for your P8 Lite. Also you make a full backup of your important data before starting the process. You need to install the Huawei P8 Lite drivers on your PC to easily connect it to your Smartphone. Keep at least 50% power backup in your device to get rid of unexpected shutdown issue during the update. If not, your device may get bricked.
The new Lineage ROM update is only for the Huawei P8 Lite Smartphone, so you should not use it on any other devices. It’s all your responsibility to proceed to the update as we shall never take responsibility if any issue or bug created during the update on your handset.
Steps to Update Android Lineage OS on Huawei P8 Lite
- First, download the Android Lineage Custom ROM file for your Honor P8 Lite and then the Gapps file.
- After that, enable the USB Debugging option on your device by going to Settings> Developer Options.
- Next, plug your device to your PC via USB & transfer both the downloaded files to the internal storage/sd card of your device.
- Then switch off your P8 Lite, detach the USB cable and boot it into Recovery mode.
- Here, make wipes of your device by pressing the “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” option and then select “Wipe Cache Partition”.
- Now, install the downloaded files on your handset. To start installation, tap on the “install zip from SD card” and select the Nougat Custom ROM file that you moved in.
- Then, swipe to start the installation process. Wait still it finishes.
- Follow the same procedure to install Gapps file on your P8 Lite.
- After the installation of both the files is successful, return to the Recovery mode menu, and select “reboot system now”.
Also read: How to install Android 7.1 Nougat Rom for Xiaomi Redmi 2
That’s all you have to do. Did you face any issues with the update process? If not, then your Huawei P8 Lite will start normally without any issues. Once done, you can browse through your Smartphone to experience the Android Nougat. Definitely let’s know the changes that you see in your Huawei P8 Lite post update. In case of any issues, feel free to let us know using the comment section. We shall find out a solution to your issue.