Good news for all Huawei Honor 5X Smartphone users. Now you can install the new Android Nougat Lineage OS ROM on your handset. The Custom ROM is based on the latest Lineage build and brings for you the best Android Nougat experience by adding the new Lineage Custom ROM features on your device.
But how to flash this new Custom ROM on your Huawei Honor 5X Smartphone? Very simple. We have a step-by-step guide below for you which will lead you through the update. Of course, it’s bit tough for the newbies. But that doesn’t mean that the new Nougat Custom ROM is not for them. You should have a detailed knowledge of the update process as assigned below.
Before performing the Custom ROM update, you need to root your Huawei Honor 5X Smartphone and install the latest Custom Recovery image (TWRP or CWM). Also you need to make a full backup of your important data before starting the process. You need to install the Huawei Honor 5X drivers on your PC to easily connect it to your Smartphone. Make sure to keep at least 70% power left in your device to keep out of unexpected shutdown during the update. If not, your device may get bricked.
The new Lineage Custom ROM update is especially meant for the Huawei Honor 5X Smartphone and hence should not be used in any other devices. It’s all your responsibility to proceed to the update as we shall never take responsibility if any issue or bug created during the update on your device.
Steps to Update Android Lineage OS on Huawei Honor 5X
- First of all download the Android Nougat Lineage Custom ROM file for your Honor 5X and then the Gapps file.
- After that, enable the USB Debugging option on your device.
- Next, plug your Smartphone to your PC via USB & transfer both the downloaded files to the internal storage/sd card of your device.
- Then switch off your Honor 5X, detach the USB cable and boot it into Recovery mode.
- Here, clear cache from your device by pressing the “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” option and then select “Wipe Cache Partition”.
- Now, install the downloaded files on your handset. To start installation, tap on the “install zip from SD card” and select the Nougat Custom ROM file that you moved to the inbuilt/sd card storage.
- Swipe to start the installation process. Wait still it finishes.
- Follow the same procedure to install Gapps file on your Honor 5X Smartphone.
- After successful installation of both the files, return to the Recovery mode menu, and press “reboot system now”.
Also read: How to install Android 7.1 Nougat Rom for Xiaomi Redmi 2
That’s all you have to do. Did you face any issues with the update process? If not, then your Honor 5X Smartphone will start normally without any issues. Once done, you can browse through your Smartphone to experience the Android Nougat. Definitely let’s know the changes that you mark in your Huawei Honor 5X post update. In case of any issues, feel free to let us know using the comment section. We shall try to find out a solution to your issue.