The HTC U Ultra is still quite powerful to run almost any apps on the Play Store. However, after receiving multiple updates for several years, the official update roll out has stopped. So how could you receive the update? The solution is installing third party ROM on your device and the LeeDrOiD custom ROM is now available for your handset. In this post, we will show how to flash Android Nougat Rom for your HTC U Ultra.
However, before flashing Android Nougat LeeDrOiD ROM, you need to note something first.
- This ROM is only for HTC U Ultra and if you flash it on any other Android devices, it can end up bricking it.
- It will erase all data in the internal memory, so you should make a full backup first.
- Charge the battery to at least 50% to ensure it will not die during installing the Rom.
- You also need a custom recovery installed on you handset as well as the bootloader unlocked (or S-OFF) to flash this Rom.
Steps to flash Android Nougat LeeDrOiD Rom on HTC U Ultra
- First, download the Android Nougat Custom ROM file as well as Gapps for your HTC U Ultra.
- Then, move the downloaded files into the SD card of your handset, but do not put them in any folder. Then power off your device and then boot your device into recovery mode by pressing and holding the Volume down + Power > select Bootloader > and Recovery buttons.
- Now, tap on Wipe option, select ‘wipe data, cache, dalvik, system’ and confirm the action.
- Then, load the ROM by choosing “install” and “choose zip from SD card”.
- Now flash the Rom and wait for the process to complete. Once done, you will be prompted to reboot your device, and tap on “No”to flash the Gapps package
- Once the process is complete, return to recovery menu, tap on “Reboot system” to restart your device. For the first booting up, it will take you about 10-20 minutes.
Also see: How to Install Android 7.1.1 Nougat Factory Image on LTE Nexus 9
Your HTC U Ultra has been successfully updated to Android Nougat OS with LeeDrOiD custom ROM. Now, enjoy the new features on Android Nougat version on your device.