HTC One Mini 2 is the lite version of HTC One M8. Although HTC stops the update for the device at the Android 5.0.1 Lollipop version, but you can still get the latest the official Nougat update on your device by installing third party ROM. After a long wait, LineageOS team finally released the Nightly build of Android 7.1.1 for your HTC One Mini 2. In this article, we will show step-by-step guide to flash Android 7.1.1 Nougat Rom on your One Mini 2.
But before flashing Android Nougat Lineage ROM for your handset, you need to take note something first.
- This ROM is only for HTC One Mini 2, so if you flash it on any other Android devices, it might end up bricking it.
- Flashing ROM delete all the data inside the internal storage, so make sure you created a full backup first.
- Charge the battery up to at least 50% so that the device will not die during the Rom installation process.
- You also need a custom recovery such as TWRP, CWM already installed on you device as well as the bootloader is already unlocked or the S-OFF to flash this Rom.
Steps to flash Android Nougat Lineage Rom on HTC One Mini 2
- First, download the Android Nougat Lineage ROM and Google Gapps for your HTC One Mini 2.
- Next, plug your device to the computer and move the downloaded files into the internal storage/ SD card of your handset, don’t put them in any folder. Then switch off your device and then boot your device into custom recovery mode by hold-pressing the Volume up + Volume down+ Power buttons at a same time.
- Now, tap on Wipe section, select ‘wipe data, cache, dalvik, system’ and swipe to confirm your action.
- Then, load the ROM by selecting “Install” and “choose zip from SD card”.
- Now flash the Rom you have moved into your device and wait for the process to complete. Once done, tap on “No” to continue to flash the Gapps
- Once the installation is done, return to recovery menu, tap on “Reboot ” to restart the device. For the first time booting up, it will take about 15-20 minutes.
Also see: How to Downgrade ZTE Axon 7 to Android 7.0 Nougat or 6.0 Marshmallow
Congratulation! Now your HTC One Mini 2 have been successfully updated to Android 7.1.1 OS. Enjoy the new features on Android Nougat version on your device let’s know in the comment bellows.