The HTC One M9 OPJA130 Smartphone can now taste the test of the Android 6.0 Marshmallow features. Finally an official Custom ROM is available for the HTC One M9 to enrich it with the awesome Marshmallow features. This Custom ROM has been introduced by the XDA Developer varun.chitre15, and is based on Nightly version. The Custom ROM is named as Android 6.0 Marshmallow CM13 Nightlies [hima] which aims at increasing performance and reliability over the stock Android for your device.
In my previous article, I had informed you about the Fire HD 8 Reader’s Edition tablet. Now you must take a look on the pre-requirements for the Custom ROM update. Before starting the update process, you must create a complete nandroid backup for your HTC One M9. But before that you must root your handset and must install the latest Custom Recovery image (TWRP/CWM) on it. You need to disable all Antivirus programs on your Smartphone and PC before this update, else this might create hindrance on your installation process. You need to install the HTC One M9 drivers on your PC to easily connect it to your handset.
During the update, your HTC One M9 might face issues or might entertain certain bugs that will no way be our responsibility. So you must dare to take the responsibility yourself. Now let’s take a look on the full update process.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 6.0 Marshmallow CM 13.0 Nightlies ROM and Gapps for your HTC One M9 Smartphone.
- Then connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB and then move the Custom ROM and the Gapps file to the SD card of your device. After switch off your Smartphone, unplug the USB and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Then choose the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and choose the files one after another that you moved to your SD card in step II. Install the files one after another.
- Wait still the files are flashed on your HTC One M9 Smartphone.
- Once the flashing is finished, go back to the Main Menu and select “reboot system now”.
That’s all! Wait till your device to reboots. Once rebooted, your HTC One M9 Smartphone will be all ready to taste the latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow specs on your device. With the given steps, you shouldn’t face any issues. But in case you face any, forget not to ping me back in the comment section. I shall try to find out some solution for you. Keep visiting TechGipsy for latest Android updates, rooting and news.