HTC One M8 has ever been a HTC’s flagship in 2014. Although the update for the device already stopped at the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow version, you can still get the latest Nougat update on your device by installing a third party ROM. After a long wait, the ResurrectionRemix Nougat Custom ROM based on Android 7.1.2 is now availabe your HTC One M8. If you are interested in this custom ROM, in this post, we will show step-by-step guide to flash Android 7.1.2 Nougat Rom on your One M8.
However, before flashing the custom ROM on your handset, you need to meet some certain requirements first.
- This ROM is only for HTC One M8, so if you flash it on any other Android devices, it will end up bricking it.
- Flashing ROM will format all the data inside the internal storage, so ensure you have already created a full backup first.
- Charge the battery to at least 50% so that it will not die during the Rom installation process.
- You also need a custom recovery such as TWRP, CWM pre installed on you device as well as the bootloader is already unlocked or the S-OFF to flash this custom Rom.
Steps to Flash Resurrection Remix Nougat Custom ROM on HTC One M8
- First, download the Android Custom ROM and Gapps files for your HTC One M8.
- Next, plug your device to your computer and copy the downloaded files into the internal storage/ SD card of your handset, but don’t put them in any folder. Then power off your device and then boot it into custom recovery mode by hold-pressing the Volume up + Volume down+ Power buttons at a same time.
- Now, select Wipe sections, including data, cache, dalvik, system, and swipe to confirm your action.
- Now, load the ROM file by tapping “Install” and “choose zip from SD card”.
- Next flash the Rom you have moved into and wait for the process to complete. Once done, tap on “No” and continue to flash the Gapps
- Once process is done, return to recovery menu, tap on “Reboot ” to reboot the device. For the first time booting up, it will take about 15-20 minutes.
Also see: How to Update HTC U Ultra Android Nougat with LeeDrOiD custom ROM
Congratulation! Now your HTC One M8 has been successfully updated to Android 7.1.2 OS with Resurrection Remix custom ROM. Enjoy the new features on your device let’s know in the comment bellows.