After a long wait, the Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920F users can now receive the new official Android 7.0 Nougat update. The update carries the build name G920FXXU5EQBC through OTA. Samsung Galaxy S6 users will be able to enjoy the latest Nougat features in their Smartphone. However, it’s undoubtedly a good news for the users who have not yet to get the update.
If you want to further update the device, we’re here to help you. However, before proceeding the update, you must meet certain pre-requirements. First, you make a complete backup of your Samsung S6 as the firmware update will erase all data from your device. Next, you should install the Samsung Galaxy S6 drivers on your PC to connect it easily. Thirdly, enable the USB Debugging option on your device. Finally, charge your device to at least 50% battery so that there is no unpleasant situation created during the update. Else your Galaxy S6 SM-G920F might get bricked.
Steps to Update
Now let’s follow the steps to update the Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S6 G920F.
- First, download the Android Nougat firmware for your device and then download Odin on your PC. Extract both the update file and Odin.
- Next, boot your Galaxy S6 SM-G920F into download mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down+ Power + Home Buttons at a same time. After you see a warning massage on the screen, press the Volume Up button.
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy S6 to your computer and launch Odin. Once it gets connected successfully, Odin will display a message at the bottom-left corner.
- Now click on “AP/PDA” and select the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted .zip folder. Make sure you already unchecked the re-partition box.
- Now check the box next to the Auto-reboot option and click on the “Start” button. The update will start flashing the firmware . Wait till the update is finished.
Also read: How to update Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus to Android 7.0 Nougat in Europe
Once the update is completed, your Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920F will reboot and then you can taste the latest firmware version at the About Device section. Feel free to let us know if you face any issues in the update process. We shall try to help you out.