Samsung Galaxy S8 is great smartphone with a range of excellent features and especially the appearance of the new Bixby virtual assistant. However, have you thought bringing these features on your Galaxy S5. Fortunately, you can now get all the latest features of Galaxy S8 on your S8 with a based DreamUX custom ROM Firmware. This ROM is a free ROM, and if you want to experience this ROM on you smartphone, in this post, we shall show you step-by-step guide to flash it on your Galaxy S5.
However, before starting the process, you should take note some pre-requirements. First, you must have already installed the custom recovery on your Galaxy S5. In addition, you should make a full backup for your device as there is a chance of data loss during the update. Besides, you should enable the USB debugging option on your device before update as well. Among other important requirements, keep at least 60% battery left to avoid unexpected shutdown during the Custom ROM update.
This Rom is only for Galaxy S5, so you should not flash it on other devices. We will not take responsible, so only update if you dare to take the risk yourself. Now let’s take a look on how to flash custom S8 ROM on Sprint Samsung Galaxy S5
Steps to flash Custom S8 Rom on Samsung Galaxy S5
- First, download the Custom ROM for your Galaxy S5.
- Then plug your Samsung Galaxy S5 to your computer and then copy the Custom ROM and the Gapps files to the SD card of your device.
- After that, power off your Galaxy S5, unplug the USB cable and boot it into recovery mode by hold-pressing its Home, Volume up and Power button at a same time for a few seconds, then press the Volume Down
- In Recovery mode, select “wipe data/factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” to wipe data and clear cache from your Galaxy S5.
- Then choose the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and select the ROM file that you moved to your SD card.
- Now swipe to install it on your S5 smartphone and wait the file is flashed on your Samsung Galaxy S5.
- Once the process is complete, go back to the recovery menu, and select “reboot system now”.
Also see: Here’re steps to clear your Dropbox Cache on Android and iOS
That’s all you have to do. Wait for your device reboots. Now you can experience all features of Galaxy S8 on your Samsung Galaxy S5. In case of any issues, inform us in the comment below, we shall find out some solutions for you.