The 6.0.1 Marshmallow King ROM S7 Edge V8 [apf2] is now available for the Canadian Galaxy S7 Edge Smartphone. So Users of the Smartphone desiring to flash this new Custom ROM on their device can follow the below given steps. The Custom ROM is supposed to bring a number of changes to the list of Changlogs in your device post update. You can make a detailed list of the changes made to your device post update of the ROM. The Custom ROM has been introduced by Senior XDA Developer Forum Member and all credit for this update goes to him.
This new ROM is going to add a number of features such as updated Samsung Music, updated Telegram, enhanced Aroma Installer, Superior battery performance, Updated KING MOD, Battery bar in King MOD, Self personalization with Aroma, Alaram in Lock Screen, New Layout in Settings, Removed Quick App and many more. There are many other features in the Custom ROM which you can mark in your device post update.
Now you might think, how to install the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow King ROM on your Canadian Galaxy S7 Edge. It’s quite simple and takes little time. But for that you need to meet certain pre-requirements. Before starting the update, you need to read and understand the steps properly, else it might create bugs in your device, even might brick it. We at TechGipsy will not be blamed for any inconvenience if caused to your device due to the update. It’s all your risk. Now let’s take a look on the requirements dubbed essential for the update.
First of all create a complete Nandroid backup for your Canadian Galaxy S7 Edge & then enable the USB Debugging option in your handset. To do that visit Settings>About US section in your Canadian Galaxy S7 Edge. Also install the Canadian Galaxy S7 Edge drivers on your PC to easily connect it to your Smartphone. Maintain at least 60% power back up in your Android device to avoid instant shut down during the update. Your Smartphone needs to get rooted and installed with the latest Custom Recovery image (TWRP or CWM) as the ROM will seek access to the built-in features and programs.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow King ROM S7 Edge V8 ROM & Gapps file for Canadian Galaxy S7 Edge.
- Then connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB & move the files to the SD card of your device.
- After unplug the USB, switch off your Smartphone and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Then choose the option “Install zip from SD card” and choose the Marshmallow King ROM S7 Edge ROM file from SD card which you moved to your Smartphone in step II.
- Now click Install and the installation process will initiate. It will take sometime to flash the Custom ROM on your Smartphone.
- Follow the same procedure to install Gapps on your handset.
- Once the flashing is finished, return to the Main Menu and select “reboot system now”.
Congratulations!! now you have successfully updated your Canadian Galaxy S7 Edge Smartphone to the newest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow King ROM S7 Edge V8 [apf2]. In case of any issues, inform me the comment section. Also do let us know how you liked the Custom ROM and its features.