The AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SGH-I317 Smartphone can now be updated to the newest and powerful Android 4.4.4 KitKat Ditto Note 4 [DN4] ROM. The Custom ROM is introduced by Senior XDA developer sawdoctor and absolute credit for this update goes to him. But being this is an unofficial ROM, there is possibility that your AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 2 might brick or get bugged. Remember, we shall not remain responsible if your AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 2 gets bricked or cluttered with bug. It’s all your responsibility. The new ROM will add many new features to your AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
Besides, your AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SGH-I317 needs to get rooted and installed with the newest Custom Recovery before update. You need to create a complete backup for your AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 2 since the data in your device might vanish during the custom rom update. You must install the AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 2 drivers on your PC to connect it easily to your Smartphone. You should also enable the USB debugging option before the update and after disable it. Among other important needs, your AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SGH-I317 needs to be disabled from any antivirus link if you are using in your handset.
Maintain at least 75% power back up on your AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to avoid unexpected shutdown of the device during update. Now let’s take a look on the update process.
Steps to flash Android 4.4.4 KitKat ROM on AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 2
- First of all download the Android 4.4.4 KitKat Ditto Note 4 [DN4] ROM & place it on the desktop of your PC. Next enable the USB Debugging.
- Then connect your AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to your PC using USB and then move the Custom ROM file to the SD card of your device. After switch off your Galaxy Note 2, unplug the USB and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select “wipe data/factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your Android device.
- Then choose the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and choose the Custom ROM file that you moved to your SD card in step II.
- Now start the Installation process wait still the file gets flashed on your handset.
- Once the flashing is finished, go back to the Main Menu and select “reboot system now”.
That’s it. Once the update is finished, your AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 2 will reboot. The procedure is enough to add the new Custom ROM to your AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 2. In case of any issue, ping me back in the comment section. I shall try to find out some solution for you.