The AT&T LG G3 D850 Smartphone users if interested to enjoy a more smooth and powerful Lollipop experience, then we have a great option for them. One new unofficial yet smoother Lollipop ROM is available for the AT&T LG G3 Smartphone right away. The Custom ROM is named as Android 5.1.1 XenonHD and is based on AOSP builds. This Custom ROM is more stable in nature and hence carries no extra blotware. But one thing you will find not superb in this ROM is the camera as the camera software code in this ROM is locked and developers couldn’t port it for the Custom ROM stil now. So this ROM is not definitely very good for the users who are fond of camera. Otherwise, you will find many other great features included in this Custom ROM and it will fix the existing bugs in the stock Android firmware.
Because it’s not an official Custom ROM update, so it will void the warranty of your AT&T LG G3 and you can’t retrieve it back. Similarly you have to install the latest Custom Recovery image (TWRP or CWM) on your AT&T LG G3 Smartphone before starting the update. Undoubtedly the new firmware will bring considerable changes in your AT&T LG G3 handset and will make it more noteworthy for use. But at the same time you might face certain issues or bugs in your device because of the update for which we at TechGipsy will not remain responsible.
Remember, this update is exclusively meant for the AT&T LG G3. If you use this installation file in any other device, then there are chances of your device getting bricked. Apart, enable the USB Debugging option in your handset before the update and disable it post update. Maintain at least 75% power back up on your Android device to avoid unexpected shut down during the update. Most importantly create a full back of your AT&T LG G3 Smartphone so that you will not permanently loose the pictures, videos, songs and all other important data on your device. It’s mandatory since during installation of the update, all data in your device will be erased.
Steps to flash AT&T LG G3 D850 to Android 5.1.1 XenonHD Custom ROM
- First of all download the XenonHD Custom ROM and Gapps (search from Google) file for your AT&T LG G3.
- Then connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB and then move the Custom ROM and the Gapps file to the SD card of your device. After switch off your Smartphone, unplug the USB and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Then choose the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and choose the files that you moved to your SD card in step II one after another.
- Now click Install and wait still the files get flashed in your AT&T LG G3 one after another.
- Once the flashing is finished, go back to the Main Menu and select “reboot system now”.
Congrats! You have successfully updated your AT&T LG G3 Smartphone to the brand new Android 5.1.1 XenonHD Custom ROM. Updating your Smartphone following the procedure given above is quite easy and hence mustn’t create any issues for you. Still you face any issues, hesitate not to ping me back in the comment section. I shall try to find out a solution for you.