Hello all Nexus 4 users! Today, we will bring special news for you; your Nexus 4 can now update to the latest Android 7.1 Nougat CM14.1 Rom. This Rom is based on the latest CM14.1 build of Android 7.1 Nougat build & features with a number of new changes to your device. Here is how to update your Nexus 4 Smartphone with the Android Nougat CM14.1 ROM.
As this is still an unofficial Custom ROM, so your device might probably have issues which you have never seen before. Now the question is how to install this ROM on your Smartphone? It’s a very simple process and you can do it easily just by following the below given steps. But before that definitely meet the pre-requirements. We will not remain responsible, so only proceed for the update if you dare to take the risk yourself.
First, your device needs to be unlocked bootloader as well as installed the latest TWRP/CWM Recovery before update. Besides, you need to create a full backup for your device as your device data can get lost during the update. You should also enable the USB debugging option on your Android device before update in order for connecting your device with computer easier. Among other important needs, you need to disable any antivirus link if you are using in your device. Maintain at least 70% power left to avoid unexpected shutdown during the Custom ROM update. Now let’s take a look on how to update Android 7.1 Nougat CM14.1 ROM on Nexus 4.
How to install Android 7.1 Nougat on Nexus 4
- First, download the Android 7.1 Nougat CM14.1 ROM & Gapps for your Nexus 4
- Then connect your device to your computer using a USB cable and then move the Custom ROM file and the Gapps file into the internal storage of your device. After that, power off your device, unplug the USB cable and boot it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode, select “wipe data/factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your Nexus 4.
- Then choose the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and flash the CM14.1 ROM ZIP from your device.
- Reboot into recovery and flash the CM14.1 Nougat Google Apps package
- Once finished, go back to the recovery menu and select “reboot system now”.
Also see: How to Update Asus Zenfone 5 to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Custom ROM
That’s all you have to do. Wait for the device to reboot. Great!! Now you can taste the Android 7.1 Nougat features on your Nexus 4. In case of any issues, inform us in the comment section, we shall find out some solution for you.