Great news for all Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 users. After a long wait, Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update is now available for your tablet. By default, the device run on the Android 5.0.2 Lollipop, but it can now be upgraded to the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OS. This new firmware is about to add a number of new features on your Tab S 8.4 that will turn your device into superiority, in terms of features.
Samsung releases the official update OTA for the tablet, but not all of you can receive the new Marshmallow update at the same time. So if you are not able to wait until Samsung pushes the Android Marshmallow in your country, then you can manually flash it just by following the steps properly as stated below.
Make sure to check your device name and model correctly before performing the update, as the update is exclusively meant for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4. If you implement the firmware in other Android devices, it might brick your device or create bugs in it, which TechGipsy will not remain responsible for any issues due to the update process.
- All important data and files of your Galaxy Tab S 8.4 need to be backed up first as the update might format all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be available for use.
- Your PC must be pre-installed with the Samsung USB drivers as the drivers can help you connect your Tab S 8.4 to your PC easily. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official Samsung website.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by going to Menu > Settings >Developer Options.
- Most importantly charge fully your tablet battery. If not, at least keep a minimum of 60% power left before starting the update.
Steps to Update Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow for Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4
- First, download the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware for your Galaxy Tab s 8.4 and Odin v3.12.zip. Then, extract both files.
- Then boot your Galaxy Tab S 8.4 into download mode by first turning off your tablet and then pressing and holding the combination Volume Down + Power + Home key simultaneously. After that, press the Volume Up when you see a warning message on your screen to put your tablet into download mode.
- Now connect the Galaxy Tab S 8.4 to the PC using USB cable and launch Odin app
- The bottom-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection is successful.
- Now, click on “AP” box in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted Marshmallow folder. Make sure to uncheck re-partition
- Next, check the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and click on the “Start” button. The update process will take around 10-15 minutes. Wait still your Galaxy Tab S 8.4 restarts
Also read: How to Update Samsung Galaxy A3 ⑥ SM-A310Y to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Firmware
Congratulations! You are now successfully done with the update of your Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 to the Android 6.0.1 firmware. You can now experience the new Marshmallow features in your tablet. In case of any issues, get back to us via the comment section.