SK Telekom and Samsung have released the official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update for all their Samsung Galaxy A8 (2015) users. You can check the instructions in this post to successfully install the new Marshmallow update on Samsung Galaxy A8.
The Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update brings many changes for Galaxy A8 including new feature on Android 6.0.1 such as Doze, App Permissions controls, Google Now on Tap, improved Touch Wiz interface and tons of other great improvements that offer you a better experience. Before starting the installation of this new official firmware, you should check the guidelines below first.
If you own a Korean Galaxy A8 (2015), then you can go to Settings -> About Device -> Software Update to download and install the package. The update is about 890MB in size, so ensure your phone has a stable Wi-Fi connection to avoid mobile data charges. When you receive the package, simply tap on download. Once done, a message will display that if you want to install this update, you tap on OK. The installation process for Android 6.0.1 will take several minutes, so you should be patient. All of your data will not be affected.
However, if you cannot find any update package on your A8 (2015) after going to Settings -> About Device -> Software Update, we will instruct you how to install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow via Odin.
- Back up all your data via Google account or Drop box in case something goes wrong while updating your device.
- Make sure at least 60% battery life on your device
- A computer to update Android 6.01 for your A8
- Samsung USB Drivers installed on the computer. If not, you can download it from here
- Download Odin to install the firmware 6.0.1 of A8
- Download Firmware latest version for your device, SM-A800S
- Download the firmware and extract the ZIP file to obtain the extension .tar.md5 file
- Power off your Galaxy A8 and boot it into Download Mode. To do this, hold the Volume Down + Home, and then press the PowerHold 3buttons for 2-3 seconds. Then a warning screen with a yellow exclamation mark, press the Volume Up key to enter Download Mode
- Now run the Odin tool with administrator on your computer and then connect your phone to it using a USB cable
- When Odin detects your Samsung, ID: COM gateway in Odin will turn blue and you will see the “Added!”line in the Odin’s diary (as image below)
- Now click on AP button to add the firmware by navigating to the file path
- Click on the “Options” tab and ensure ” Auto Reboot” and ” Reset Time “are selected, do Not check Re-Partition as it can brick your device
6. Once done, verify everything and click Start button to proceed with installation
7. When the firmware installation is complete, you will see a message PASS!on Odin. That means the update installation was successful
8. Your device will now automatically boot into the updated firmware and restart to the set up screen.