Dear all AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 2 users! You have a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 but your device is now being bricked as you tried to gain root access, install custom recovery images, update with custom ROMs, remove bloatware and start up programs, or overclock CPU frequencies. We now have solutions for you to manually fix your handset get bricked.
Of course, before starting the troubleshooting process, if possible, make a backup for your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 I317 first to save your important personal data. You can easily create the backup by syncing your Note 2 data with your Google Account, or by using built-in cloud storage platforms.
To unbrick your handset, you will need a Windows computer and on your AT&T Galaxy Note 2 you must have already enabled the USB Debugging field which is located under “Menu > Settings > Developer options”. Don’t forget to keep your handset at least 20% battery left. Now iss how to unbrick your Galaxy Note 2 I317 and install stock 4.4.2 firmware.
How to Unbrick Samsung Galaxy Note 2 I317 and Install Stock 4.4.2 Firmware
- First of all downloadthe Android 4.4.2 stock firmware and then download Odin on your PC. Extract both the files and save it on the destop
- Download Samsung KIES and use this toolkit to install the AT&T Galaxy Note 2 Drivers on your computer.
- Put your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 into download mode. To do this, press and hold the Volume Down + Button Power + Home Button at a time. A warning massage will appear on your screen. Then press the Volume Up button to boot your Note 2 I317 into Download mode.
- Launch Odin app, then plug your Smartphone to your PC using the original USB and once your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 successfully gets connected to your PC, Odin will appear a massage in its bottom-left corner.
- Now click on “AP/PDA” button and select the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted .zip folder. Ensure to uncheck the re-partitionand the Auto Reboot
- Now, click the “Start” option. The flashing process starts and it will take about 10-15 minutes. Wait until flashing is finished.
- Unplug the USB cable and reboot your Note 2.
Also see: How to Update Samsung Galaxy S5 mini SM-G800F to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
You need to make a wipe before being able to smoothly use the Android 4.4.2 OS running on your AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 2. Therefore, power off your handset and press and hold the Power, Volume Up and Home buttons at the same time for a few moments. In stock recovery, select options: “wipe data factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvik cache”.
Now your smartphone will run without problems once again. Browse through your Galaxy Note 2 I317 now and let’s know in case you have any issues.