WhatsApp is now one of the most social media apps on the mobile platforms. It allows users to make calls, chat group, send messages, photos, short videos, and other document files. But sometime you change your Android phone into a new iOS device and also want to transfer your WhatsApp data as well. Here are 3 simple ways to transfer WhatsApp messages from Android to iPhone platform.
- Transfer WhatsApp Messages through a Backup
- Backup the WhatsApp messages from your Android phone.
- Once backing up is complete, go to Settings > Chat Settings
- Tap on Chat Backup in the dropdown menu.
- Install WhatsApp on your new iPhone.
- Then, log in WhatsApp by using your original phone number for creating the WhatsApp account.
- A pop-up will display that a backup of messages was found.
- Click on Restore
- The backup will start extracting messages to your iPhone/iPad.
- Wait for the process to complete.
Also see: 7 easy steps to set up a new MacBook Pro
- Transfer Whatsapp Messages using Email
You can easily transfer WhatsApp messages from Android to iPhone via Email Chat option.
- Launch Whatsapp on your Android phone.
- Go to Settings > Chat Settings.
- Tap on Email Chat from the drop down menu.
- Select Whatsapp conversations you want to transfer.
- A pop up that reads “attaching media will generate a larger email message” will appear
- Click on Attach Media or Without Media (it’s up to you)
- Add your email and then tap on Send
Now open your email on your iPhone/iPad to load the messages that you have transferred from your Android WhatsApp account.
- Transfer WhatsApp Messages via Software
There is also a sofware that can help you to transfer the WahtsApp messages from Android to iOS, called the Backuptrans, but you need a PC/Mac to do this.
- Download and install Backuptrans Android iPhone WhatsApp Transfer on your PC or Mac.
- Once done, launch it and connect both your iPhone and Android phones to the PC through cables.
- Confirm to Backup My Data Remember not to give it your password.
- From PC, click on your Android device, and you will see all of your WhatsApp conversations on your Android
- Right-click on the name of the device and then choose Transfer Messages from Android to iPhone
- Wait for the process to complete and that’s done!
Above are three easy three ways to transfer WhatsApp messages from Android to iPhone. Which of them do you like best? Let me know in the comment section below.