iPhone is a desirable device with its stunning design and unique operation experience. You may already have owned the latest iPhone 7, or iPhone 7 Plus. There will be wonderful if you take photos with your iPhone for its perfect camera, but you have trouble with transferring photos from your iPhone to PC. Don’t worry, in this article, we will show you 3 easiest ways to move your photos into your PC
- Move photos using Windows Explorer
iPhone is also seen as either a digital camera or a file system when you connect it with your computer. On a Windows PC, the simplest way to move images from your iPhone is using Windows Explorer, but you need to unlock your iPhone before beginning so that the computer can display photos in your device.
If you already connected your device with the PC, you can do this method:
- Open “My Computer“
- Look for the iPhone icon, it usually appears under Portable Devices section
- Click on your iPhone to open and find your Photos
- Select the pictures you want, then copy/cut and paste them to the local disk of your computer
Make sure you unlocked your iPhone, if not, the images will not show up in Windows. Your iPhone is still seen in ‘My Computer’ but all of the content inside will be invisible.
- Transfer iPhone photos to computer using iTunes
You can also sync the images on your device with iTunes installed on your computer. If you have multiple albums, you should place the individual folders into a larger folder. In the large folder, you can divide into subfolders you desire to sync with your iPhone as you can individually select subfolders in iTunes. To do this, follow these steps below:
- Rearrange images in your iPhone
- Connect your iPhone with the computer and launch iTunes
- Click on the iPhone icon on the menu and then select Photos tab under Summary tab on the left
- Check on the “Sync Photos“
- Select “Choose folder…” from the drop down menu
- Browse folder you want to store
- Select the photo folder you want to sync
- Click Apply to start the process. Then wait until it is done
- Transfer iPhone photos to computer using iCloud
There is another way to transfer photos from your iPhone to your computer that is using the Apple iCloud service to sync photos. To do that, first you need to enable iCloud on your iPhone in Settings > iCloud and turn Photo Stream on. Then you download and install the iCloud Control Panel app onto your computer. After that, all photos taken by your iPhone will be saved directly within a minute to your computer in case you are connected to a WI-FI network. If you are not connected to, if you take some photos, they will be synced to your computer in the next time you have the Wi-Fi connectivity.
Note: iCloud cannot transfer videos recorded from your iPhone and is unable to sync photos taken before you turn it on.