The “process com.google.process.gapps has stopped” error is a very popular problem occurring with Android devices, especially the devices runs on Android 7.0 and lower. If you are facing the same problem with your Android phone, here are possible solutions to help you get rid of it.
- Reboot your device
Someone said that switching off the device on and then powering it back on was the first way to try in such situation.
To do so, simply press and hold the power button for a few seconds until you see the option to restart your device.
- Clear cache for the app in question
If you see the error message appear repeatedly when opening a particular app, then this app might be the cause of the problem.
- Head to Settings > Apps and find the app in trouble.
- Tap the app and choose Storage, then hit Clear cache. This might be the trick.
If it does not help, you should clear the data of the app. But you will lose any saved game or chat conversations, etc., so we recommend you to back up your app data first. You can find the Clear data button above Clear cache .
If none of the solutions above proves fruitful, you should try uninstalling the app and then installing it again.
Clear Google Services Framework data
If clearing the cache and data or even uninstalling the particular app doesn’t work, there is another solution to fix the issue.
This way will delete the Google Play Services preferences and settings but they are easy to do that.
- First, head to Settings > Apps
- Tap on the 3 dots icon at the upper right corner and choose Show system
- Scroll through until you see Google Services Framework. Tap on it
- In the App info page, tap on Storage > Clear cache.
Reset app preferences
Another option you can try is going to Settings > Apps > All to reset the app preferences. Doing this will take all of your apps‘ settings back to the square one, but it won’t affect any app data.
Disable automatic app updates
The error usually happens after you update an up, so you’d better turn off the automatic update feature from the Google Play Store. However, after turning this feature off, you should still remember to update your apps manually. To disable the automatic update feature, launch your Google Play Store app, go to Settings and turn automatic updates off.
Also see: How To Check Battery Level Of Bluetooth Device On Android
Perform a factory reset
If you’re still having problems after trying all of the above methods, then the last resort is doing a factory reset. But the process will delete all of your data, so you should make a full backup beforehand.
Once your data is backed up, it’s time to do that.
- Head to Settings > Backup & reset.
- Now, make sure to turn on the Back up my data slider.
- Tap on Back up account to choose the account you want your data to be backed up to.
- Once done, go to the Backup & reset section and choose Factory data reset button. Confirm your choice
Your data will be restored after you sign back into your Google account. These are the possible solutions to help you fix the “process com.google.process.gapps has stopped” error on your Android device. Let’s know in the comment.