Sometimes you just want to see the password of your Wi-Fi network on your Android phone without having to dig out your router and then read out the password off the box, but getting the Wi-Fi password right on your device is never easy without the root access. However, today we can help you to show the Wi-Fi password easily without needing the root privileges on your Android phone. Let’s see!
Steps to Show Wi-Fi Password on Android without Root
Before starting the process, you need a computer with a stable internet connection to do it.
Step 1: Access the Developer Option
To show the Wi-Fi password, you must first become a developer. It is very simple.
- Unlock Android phone and go to Settings. Then Scroll Down to find “About Phone” and tap on it.
- Here, tap on this “Build Number” 7-8 times until you see a pop up message saying, “You are now a developer“.
Step 2: Enable the USB Debugging
Return back to Settings and you’ll see Developer Options, tap on it and togggle on the button for USB Debugging.
Step 3: Install ADB drivers
- Now, open your Windows desktop and download and install platform tools (minimal adb and fastboot) from here
- Once done, go to C\windows\system32\platform_tools on your computer to open adb folder (you can also find them by using the search engine)
- Here, hold the Shift key while right clicking on any blank space and choose “Open Command Window here.”
Also read: How To Save Live Instagram Video On Android And iOS
Step 4: Check Your Device
Now plug your device to your computer and check if the connection is successful. To do this, in the cmd, type adb devices and then press Enter. If it’s working properly, you will see a device in this list. If not, reinstall the ADB driver.
Step 5: Find Android Wi-Fi Password
Now, type in: adb pull /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf c:/wpa_supplicant.conf. This will fetch the file from your phone to the local disk C of the PC.
Step 6: Get Wi-Fi Passwords
Finally, open the file with the notepad and you’ll find the password Wi-Fi here. Enjoy it!