Do you know rooting gives you a lot of access, which you can never do with Stock ROM. So, if you are having a Xiaomi Mi 6, and you want to the root access on your smartphone, here is how you can do it. Once your Mi 6 has been rooted, installing custom ROM and custom kernel on your device will become easier. Besides, you can also improve battery life, block ads, kill unwanted stock apps, change privacy settings and much more.
However, before starting the root access, you shout note some things.
- A computer already pre-installed the Mi driver to help you connect your device to your computer more easily.
- You also need to install a custom recovery like TWRP or CWM to flash the root file.
- An USB Type C cable for the connection
- Make a backup of all data as they can be vanished during the rooting process.
- Keep at least 50% power left to avoid unexpected issue.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device by going to Settings > Additional > Development Options> USB debugging.
Remember, we will not take responsible for any kind of issue. In addition, the procedure is quite risky even if you have installed the latest TWRP as your Mi 6 will lose the warranty.
Also read: How to Show Wi-Fi Password on Android without Root Access
Steps To Root Your Xiaomi Mi 6:
- First, you must need to grab the SuperSU root file from here
- Then, boot your device into the recovery mode by pressing and holding the Volume Up and Power buttons;
- Once your phone turns on, release the Power button; while still keep two the other buttons for 10 seconds.
- Now you are in the custom recovery mode, tap on the Install button, and go to the directory where you saved the root file.
- Tap on it and swipe the installation slider;
- Once the process is complete, make a wipe cache, and wipe dalvik cache to avoid some bugs
- Finally, return to the TWRP menu and tap on Reboot> Recovery
That’s all you need to do! Now, your Xiaomi Mi 6 is successfully rooted. Rooting will not cause any issue or bugs, but if you still face any problem, let’s know in comment below.