Hello guys, today we are going to share you how root your Sprint Galaxy S7 G930P Smartphone. As you know the Galaxy S7 is the highest model with many superior features, which might make you think, “So why to root the device”? With the root, your Smartphone becomes eligible for multi-tasking, which can never be achieved in the stock Android firmware. Benefits of rooting is a lot, you can remove bloatware, flash custom ROMs, install custom recovery images, install custom kernels and many other custom apps which the stock Android OS cannot do that.
Before starting the process, we must warn that rooting your device will cause the warranty loss of your Smartphone, so the rooting is solely your own risk. We at TechGipsy will never be blamed for any sort of issues created in your Sprint S7 during the rooting process. So make sure that you understand the procedure well before doing the procedure.
- One Sprint Galaxy S7 SM-G930P Smartphone
- One PC pre-installed with latest Sprint Galaxy S7 drivers as well as ADB& Fastboot drivers since they will help you connect your S7 to your PC.
- Original USB cable
- Special Odin version to root the device, and SuperSU beta zip for S7 Qualcomm devices, then unzip both two files
- Backup of all your device data such as SMS, videos, contacts, APN numbers, applications and other files in case they get lost during the rooting process.
- At least 60% power back up to avoid unexpected device shut down.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device by going to Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging. Remember to untick the Debugging box when you are done with the rooting procedure.
- Uninstall the antivirus app in smartphone & the antivirus program in your PC
Steps to Root
- At first download the root file for the Sprint Galaxy S7 SM-G930P and then activate the OEM unlock option in the USB Debugging option.
- Then Put your Sprint Galaxy S7 into download mode by first powering off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down +Power +Home buttons together. Thereafter press the Volume Up button again after a warning message appears on your screen, to put your Sprint Galaxy S7 into download mode and then connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB cable.
- The box on the left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device with your PC is successful.
- Now launch the special Odin, click on “AP/PDA” in Odin and select the root file you just downloaded. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next, select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and hit the “Start” button. The rooting process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Sprint Galaxy S7 reboots.
- Once reboot successfully, you open run/execute root.bat file with administrator from the files you extracted from SuperSU zip.
Also read: Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge official Nougat update date scheduled to Nov 9 in US
And you are done! Now you have finally rooted your Sprint Galaxy S7. But if in case your Smartphone struck in the bootloop sequence, follow this article to come out of that. In case of getting any issues, back to us in the comment section. We shall try to find out some solution for you.